AgentVodka

Firefox Glitch

12 posts in this topic

Sometimes when I connect to the net and start up firefox for the first time after going online, I see a page load with a list of "black urls" on, there is a bunch of links to phishing and malicious code sites, along with a bunch of hex afterwards. I tried connecting to some of the links and they are active sites, ie: ebay, paypal scams etc.. However when I connect the browser gives me a warning on the top right that "page may be fraudulant"

I have the edition of firefox that comes with the google search tool, is it perhaps that this is a glitch when google is trying to update black list urls with my browser? Does this happen to anyone else?

BTW I didn't want to post the urls because some of them have malicious code on them.

Thanks

Edited by AgentVodka

Have you tried just changing the homepage? If you have, does the page come back when you restart firefox?

It happens only once in a while, its not something that is unbearable. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this type of behaviour. I don't understand why I would get a list of "black url" /scam pages updated to firefox, why wouldn't they just shutdown the sites?

You probably have a bit of spyware that is setting your homepage to such things. Have you run adaware, or that specialized spyware remover (i forget the name)?

You probably have a bit of spyware that is setting your homepage to such things. Have you run adaware, or that specialized spyware remover (i forget the name)?

I use Spybot Search and Destroy, and Ad-Aware SE.

I use nod32 but i will try adaware,

thanks

NOD32 won't protect your from spyware. Whatever this is, it has absolutely nothing to do with Firefox.

I had some problems up until about 2 hours ago with firefox

When I had windows XP install and firefox running rather then displaying the standard FireFox homepage which I always leave it set to, it displayed the french version and I can't quite figure out what the hell is going on..

I now have finally reinstalled Linux

Ubuntu 5.10 .. is there any other :D

so..just thought I'd mention it

Presumably it would have something to do with where the server you are connected to is located!

or something!

Sounds like a glitch, screen shot?

I had some problems up until about 2 hours ago with firefox

When I had windows XP install and firefox running rather then displaying the standard FireFox homepage which I always leave it set to, it displayed the french version and I can't quite figure out what the hell is going on..

I now have finally reinstalled Linux

Ubuntu 5.10 .. is there any other :D

so..just thought I'd mention it

Presumably it would have something to do with where the server you are connected to is located!

or something!

ubuntu 6.0.6 is better