Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twirlz

DVD backups

10 posts in this topic

has anyone else used smartripper here? i'm using it to back up a dvd of mine and when i'm ripping the movie gets all chopy. i need to know if this is normal for this to happen.

im running 800mhz 256mb ram and im not sure on the dvd rom speed.

thanks guys

Walmart sells dvd backup software.. for $6.95, so it must be legal.. remember the free speech case about decss? The source code is protected as free speech.

try playing the movie while ripping it

i am playing the movie while i was ripping.

well the rip is done and the 2600 article is not helping me to much now.

i have an .01 file and about 3 ac3 files and i have no idea how you get this into avi or mpg format. the 2600 arty is in the fall issue.

well i found out that ac3 files are the audio of my rip. and i also figured out how to get a d2v file also. so that helped alot. so i fired up tmpgenc and went to svcd and found out that tmpgenc doesn't support ac3 files.... so i jump on to google and search of a ac3 to wav converter.... the only luck i had with that was finding two progys that if registed will convert tha ac3 files all the way. with out registration it only encodes the file 50% of the way... so no luck there. jump on DC++ and find an ac3 tool convert to wav pop it into tmpgenc and let it go for the night!!! and wake up to find that i have a perfectly good dvd rip of boondock saints now on my computer!!

I found some tutorials on DVD ripping ripping off of eDOnkey. Converting to DivX and such.

the only problem i'm having now is that i can't convert my svcd to vcd so i can watch on my dvd player

smartripper never gives me problems, if you want to just rip the file so you canburn to dvdr then make it one big file. if you want to put it on cdrs or something use dvdx or dvd2avi. encoding loses lots of quality and takes lots of time, buying a $130 dvdrw is a nice idea since it pays for itself after a few blockbuster ....backups... ;p