i was thinking of buying my friends ipod

but i would much rather it be

"my name here's ipod

is there anyway you can take the original information off the nano

like so when you plug it in it doesnt say "bob's nano" any more

i was thinking of buying my friends ipod

but i would much rather it be

"my name here's ipod

u should be able to format it, it will erase all the songs but it will allow u to change the name.

IIRC you can change the name in iTunes just like you can change the name of a playlist. Right Click -> Rename. Something to that effect.

re format the ipod for your computer's itunes.. or go into ipod properties in itunes and change it..

(how is this hacking?)

I don't have my iPod with me right now, so I can't check how to do it, but I do know that it is possible because I've done it before. And that's without formatting it.

I use Anapod Explorer instead of iTunes and it has an option to change the contact details stored in the iPod, I think ephPod also had that option.

You can also do a firware update/upgrade and it will reset it completely.

if ipods were schoolbooks id agree on the usefulness of the contact info or name...

but, who the hell will care about "hi x" if you lose your ipod :P its like cellphones and whatnot. its cool for 2 or 3 days "hello l33t 0wn3r" but then O.o

Anyways, there "is" a way to do it from itunes. if i remember where i saw it, ill link you to a tutorial. most likely through pm or editing this post :)

I hope you haven't reformmated it yet, since I saw this post a little late. I know you can do it by going to the preference panel in iTunes and clicking the iPod tab. You should be able to click on the name and change it to whatever you'd like it to be.

I think the iPodWizard is able to change the name too... you should give it a shot

I'm not sure of this, but in itunes you can do it by double or triple clicking the iPod on the left side of the screen where it first shows up in