gpro

Keymail.c

10 posts in this topic

I was able to compile irongeeks keymail.c but I'm not sure if it's working correctly. I've changed the email to reflect my email address. when I run it I see it running under the task manager but no new email in my inbox. How long does it take for the log files to be sent? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance

How long it takes depends on how many bytes you said the logs have to be. Did you make sure to set a valid mail gateway?

How long it takes depends on how many bytes you said the logs have to be. Did you make sure to set a valid mail gateway?

I'm a total newbie. I tried learning basic C programming from White-Scorpion. It helped a little. Where to I find and set the bytes for the logs. I defined the gateway as #define cmailserver "gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com" Is this the gateway? I was able to telnet to it and connected successfully. Thanks for your quick response.

Is the email address you are sending to at Gmail?

Is the email address you are sending to at Gmail?

yes

Irongeek doesn't know what the hell he is talking about, pay him no mind :P

I was able to compile irongeeks keymail.c but I'm not sure if it's working correctly. I've changed the email to reflect my email address. when I run it I see it running under the task manager but no new email in my inbox. How long does it take for the log files to be sent? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance

I'm new member..And try the same topik with U. And I've been try to Complile keymail.c Ver. 0.7. with Dev-C++. that I will send it to my Own email Address but There something error about that kemail.C Script.

Folowing error

Compiler: Default compiler

Executing g++.exe...

g++.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Gladiator_Sultan'04\My Documents\a^2+n.cpp" -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Gladiator_Sultan'04\My Documents\a^2+n.exe" -pg -g3 -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\include" -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\backward" -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\mingw32" -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2" -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include" -L"C:\Dev-Cpp\lib" -lgmon -pg -g3

C:\Documents and Settings\Gladiator_Sultan'04\My Documents\a^2+n.cpp: In function `int main()':

C:\Documents and Settings\Gladiator_Sultan'04\My Documents\a^2+n.cpp:88: error: `get_keys' undeclared (first use this function)

C:\Documents and Settings\Gladiator_Sultan'04\My Documents\a^2+n.cpp:88: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)

C:\Documents and Settings\Gladiator_Sultan'04\My Documents\a^2+n.cpp: In function `int get_keys()':

C:\Documents and Settings\Gladiator_Sultan'04\My Documents\a^2+n.cpp:93: error: `int get_keys()' used prior to declaration

C:\Documents and Settings\Gladiator_Sultan'04\My Documents\a^2+n.cpp:104: error: `sleep' undeclared (first use this function)

C:\Documents and Settings\Gladiator_Sultan'04\My Documents\a^2+n.cpp: In function `int MailIt(char*, char*, char*, char*, char*)':

C:\Documents and Settings\Gladiator_Sultan'04\My Documents\a^2+n.cpp:322: error: `sleep' undeclared (first use this function)

Execution terminated

i'm not to gOOd on C Script...

Hey guys, my main issue with keymail.c is the smtp server, if I use gmail zonealarm catches it as a virus. I can use yahoo, but it is unreliable, sometimes working sometimes not....my question: is there a way to add authentication process to this code so that I can add a server such as lavabit w/ username and pass authentication....? I would really appreciate your patience and help:)

On 10/30/2007 at 2:47 AM, xentric said:

Hey guys, my main issue with keymail.c is the smtp server, if I use gmail zonealarm catches it as a virus. I can use yahoo, but it is unreliable, sometimes working sometimes not....my question: is there a way to add authentication process to this code so that I can add a server such as lavabit w/ username and pass authentication....? I would really appreciate your patience and help:)

Hi can you help me? I dont know how to set gmail for smtp. I tried but is not working. I dont know what to do.

Posted (edited)

Looking at gmail faqs: smtp only supports mailing to Gmail users:

smpto.png

This app looks like it was last updated over 10 years ago. With google now, you may need to use SMTP over TLS/SSL on port 465. I made something similar for work in Perl and needed to use a SMPT SSL/TLS library. I don't know C too well but couldn't see anything using TLS/SSL in that app. I could be incorrect (don't know C too well). But if I wanted to learn about how it works - I'd look at adding TLS/SSL mechanisms to it for Gmail. 

Try some other free email providers or run your own SMTP server. Plain SMTP is flawed and not used a lot. When I made my SMTP script for gmail, it kept denying auth till using SSL/TLS

Edited by tekio
More Info: