bland_inquisitor

welcome NEW PEOPLE

1,111 posts in this topic

DRUGS ARE BADDDDDDDDDDD :skull:

Hey brand new to everything, this was the first site i found, and it seems cool, i want to learn but dont know where to start, could use some help with basics, cause i dont know what they are.

welcome to the forums man.

Hi guys,

Anyone from S.E.A. more specifically the country which was once called "just a red dot"...?? Just want to find the underground scene there....

Hey hey hey, I'm new.

I am interested in learning PHP, I know some C++, and Java. Also here for linux help :).

Hello All,

Great site and podcast. I was a debian junior sys admin for awhile and now my computer learning is mostly on my own time with my home windows and linux network. I'm trying learn more about network admin type stuff and security and really glad there is a place to ask really basic questions...

freq

I found this site while Googling "what is on the Geek Squad CD". I don't see an official "Introduce Yourself" thread here so I figured it could be my first contribution to the forum. Keeps things nice & clean. Maybe you could *sticky* it. If you already have one, sorry I missed it.

I've already told how & why I found the site so I'll skip that part. I'm 27 & living in Oklahoma. I've recently been released from U.S. Navy active duty. I was last stationed about 20 minutes north of Seattle so I spent a lot of time there. Good times. I was an IT for the Navy so I've been fixing computers & doing network admin for about 7 years. I'm not the best tech but I know enough to get the job done right. I'm looking for the Geek Squad & Computer Nerdz CDs because I'd like to know how the F they remove viruses & spyware in 1-2 hours. It takes me that long just to scan a computer with Adaware, Spybot S&D and Norton. (Actually I use Symantec...not Norton but whatever)

Then when you add the extra time I put into it trying to remove things like CoolWWWsearch and all that "auto-reinstall" malware, it takes me about 4 hours to do a single comp. And thats if my efforts even work, many times I find myself using HJT and A2 as well. Anyway, everybody says their CDs are crap but theyre using it to get the job done twice as fast as me so something about it must be right.

Edited by DeputyMoniker

I found this site while Googling "what is on the Geek Squad CD". I don't see an official "Introduce Yourself" thread here so I figured it could be my first contribution to the forum. Keeps things nice & clean.  Maybe you could *sticky* it. If you already have one, sorry I missed it.

I've already told how & why I found the site so I'll skip that part. I'm 27 & living in Oklahoma. I've recently been released from U.S. Navy active duty. I was last stationed about 20 minutes north of Seattle so I spent a lot of time there. Good times. I was an IT for the Navy so I've been fixing computers & doing network admin for about 7 years. I'm not the best tech but I know enough to get the job done right. I'm looking for the Geek Squad & Computer Nerdz CDs because I'd like to know how the F they remove viruses & spyware in 1-2 hours. It takes me that long just to scan a computer with Adaware, Spybot S&D and Norton. (Actually I use Symantec...not Norton but whatever)

Then when you add the extra time I put into it trying to remove things like CoolWWWsearch and all that "auto-reinstall" malware, it takes me about 4 hours to do a single comp. And thats if my efforts even work, many times I find myself using HJT and A2 as well. Anyway, everybody says their CDs are crap but theyre using it to get the job done twice as fast as me so something about it must be right.

EDIT: Removed rude comment. Sorry 'bout that...

Edited by Da Ch33z

too long didn't read...

not nice..

Edited by sycorax

too long didn't read...

not nice..

Did you just say you were to lazy to read a paragraph? :blink:

MERGED with the thread that is PINNED/STICKY at the top of the forum.

And watch the smart-ass comment in the nubieHQ. This is not the place! :nono:

Regret here...plugging back in with real effort to stay active after 5 years.

:borg: I have to say zere art manzy peoples i haf met and i fill enjoy seeing all zour posts. I'm J3PH. I'm a n00b but everyone is at some point. Eh? Anyway I enjoy comedy so look for humor (or attempts at it) in my posts. :borg:

15.jpg

OBEY THE MASTER COMPUTER!

Weeell...

I'm Erik. 16 year old student from the middle of somewhere known as Indiana. I'm pretty new to programming and hacking, as it is, but I'm learning. I've been doing a LOT of reading. :lol: I eventually found this place through Rantradio somehow. Some link led to another, to another, and.. yeah.

Later!

wow... lotta people here... nice?...

well hi all...

:skull:

oh you where expecting more...

well...

sorry

Weeell...

I'm Erik. 16 year old student from the middle of somewhere known as Indiana. I'm pretty new to programming and hacking, as it is, but I'm learning. I've been doing a LOT of reading.  :lol: I eventually found this place through Rantradio somehow. Some link led to another, to another, and.. yeah.

Later!

Hey! I live in Indiana!