JiLsi

broadband hacking

25 posts in this topic

i have a program to capture broadband communication, how do i over come the ping, which tell the network admin, that there a break in the system,

how do i over come that ?

:go:

What do you mean by overcoming the ping? Ping is a tool for locating a machine on the network just like a ship will send out a ping to find a submarine.

i have a program to capture broadband communication, how do i over come the ping, which tell the network admin, that there a break in the system,

6. INTELLIGIBILITY

You are encouraged to make sure that your posts are comprehensible and written in a language resembling proper English. If your posts fail to live up to an acceptable standard of readability, then no one will read your posts. Remember, your words are all that you have on these forums. If your English is sloppy and full of errors, people will see you as being far younger and more immature than you actually are. If your English is relatively error-free and well-constructed, people will perceive you as being more intelligent and mature, and will respect you for it. However, do not call others out on their use or misuse of language; leave the moderating to the moderators.

With that said, what the heck are you talking about? "Capture broadband communication"? Something like ethereal or similar?

Edited by tehbizz

6. INTELLIGIBILITY

You are encouraged to make sure that your posts are comprehensible and written in a language resembling proper English. If your posts fail to live up to an acceptable standard of readability, then no one will read your posts. Remember, your words are all that you have on these forums. If your English is sloppy and full of errors, people will see you as being far younger and more immature than you actually are. If your English is relatively error-free and well-constructed, people will perceive you as being more intelligent and mature, and will respect you for it. However, do not call others out on their use or misuse of language; leave the moderating to the moderators.

With that said, what the heck are you talking about? "Capture broadband communication"? Something like ethereal or similar?

Ya I couldn't understand your post at all. Maybe english is not your native language and your trying your best. But pinging a host on a broadband network should not be nothing out of the normal. Such traffic shouldn't raise a threat to an admin that theres a "break in the system" or better yet illegal activity or whatever you want to call it. As for over coming it im still not sure what your trying to say? If you really want help try to explain the best you can and someone will surely help you, dont be embarassed or hassled by not sounding as intelligible as some of the forum members would like you to be. :mumble:

http://fte.com/et01.asp

using this software i can record all broadband traffic, but the admin can trace and tell there's a break in the system.

how do i over come that problem? :monk:

using this software i can record all broadband traffic, but the admin can trace and tell there's a break in the system.

As far as I am aware. In promiscuous (monitor) mode, a network administrator would *not* be able to tell that you are viewing all traffic. All hosts on a network recieve all traffic, however they ignore traffic not addressed to them. A program such as the one you linked above, or ethereal, simply views all traffic and presents it in a way you can interperate it.

P.S. Don't ask "homework questions"

This is just a typical network sniffer. The only way to "hide" sniffing is to use a passive/inactive sniffer that doesn't send out any traffic at all. But this is also detectable by blackhole pings.

This is just a typical network sniffer. The only way to "hide" sniffing is to use a passive/inactive sniffer that doesn't send out any traffic at all. But this is also detectable by blackhole pings.

explain blackhole pings...

Blackhole pings are specially formed ICMP packets with certain TTLs. Once you send the ping, you'll obviously not receive an ACK back but this can lead you into the right direction.

Blackhole pings are specially formed ICMP packets with certain TTLs. Once you send the ping, you'll obviously not receive an ACK back but this can lead you into the right direction.

even in monitor mode, wouldnt the pc reply to a ping addressed to it?

if i attach a voltage stabilizer on start of the tap, will that be any good?

if i attach a voltage stabilizer on start of the tap, will that be any good?

No, that has nothing to do with a tap. Taps can be found with work.

BrakeDanceJ: I'm not sure about monitor mode>

what solution you have for me?

:cuss:

I never offered a solution and I don't have one. Read up on some network security and network security management, you'll figure it out.

BrakeDanceJ: I'm not sure about monitor mode>

What about promiscuous mode without ever assigning an IP address to your MAC?

what solution you have for me?

:cuss:

Who do you think this is? Personal Helpdesk? google is your friend. we've pointed you in the right direction.

I can help you out, but I need more information.

What kind of connection is this? (Cable modem/Ethernet/DSL)

Do you have access to the switching equipment?

Is the network secure or is it open, i.e. (Comcast=open UUNET=secure)

Have you thought of just accessing the network from a different location?

You can write a script to change your MAC every 5 min or so?

You can Dual Home...... (Cut the wire and solder a parallel extension) <----My Favorite ;)

wow i hope you didnt pay for that sofware.... Ethereal will do the same thing possibly better for free.

Also. try etherape, its a graphical equivanlent of ethereal. however does not directly capture and store the packets it sees.

And that application only works if you are effecticly on the same LAN, what you meant by broadband confuses me as to what you are trying to do here...

you just said "ethereal is a graphical"

witch doesnt make a lot of sence. I was not talking about GUI graphical i was talking about the way it displays the ethernet data it captures. Hence the "graphical equivalent".

i need to capture it not view it graphically,

and by pass the ping

well download ethereal then :)

I can help you out, but I need more information.

What kind of connection is this? (Cable modem/Ethernet/DSL)

Do you have access to the switching equipment?

Is the network secure or is it open, i.e. (Comcast=open UUNET=secure)

Have you thought of just accessing the network from a different location?

You can write a script to change your MAC every 5 min or so?

You can Dual Home...... (Cut the wire and solder a parallel extension) <----My Favorite ;)

Can you emphasize on how comcast is open?