JiLsi

The Real Online Security, Some security tips by "Smash"

19 posts in this topic

1) Installing Windows

Tip 1: DO NOT USE NTFS FILE SYSTEM. nono.gif

Do not listen to Bill Gates who tells you it’s the best file system in the Earth. Yes, it’s good, but it’s good only for FEDS!

A little explanation: Then you delete file at FAT32 file systems via standard Windows functions you delete only the entry about this file was on you hard drive. In physical this file still exist on your hard drive and can be restored. To completely delete this file you should use programs (like BestCrypt Wipe) which write random data to the disk segment there your file located physically.

I do not want to write what’s going on in NTFS file system coz then I need to write a little book. I’ll say one thing – to completely delete single file without ability to restore it you should wipe all your hard drive… In FAT32 you should wipe only the file…

Choose for yourself what you need more – safe or evidence for feds

Tip 2: In Windows XP/2000 shut down Restore System. Yes it’s a little danger, but Windows stop to back up your files and leave evidence for FEDS.

Tip 3: Set the size of the Windows SWAP file to the fixed size and wipe it by BestCrypt Wipe or same utility at least ones a week.

Tip 4: Turn off hibernation feature on desktop computer.

Tip 5: Install RamDiskNT for Win’XP/2000 (For Win’98/ME look at cenatek.com). Create RAM Disk* and set your Windows to store Cookies, Internet Cash, Recent files, History at RAM Disk. You can do it by Tweak-XP utility (http://www.totalidea.com/frameset-products.htm).

After this all those trails will disappear after you’ll reboot or turn off your PC.

*RAM Disk – disk scattered at computer on-line storage.

Tip 6: In Win’XP/2000 turn off all Remote Desktop and similar features.

Tip 7: In Win’XP/2000 delete the following file: %windir%\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\System\DFS\uplddrvinfo.htm

2) Using Programs To Encrypt Your Data

Tip 1: Use few Crypt Programs like BestCrypt, DriveCrypt, PGP in one time.

It’s looks like: BestCrypt Container -> DriveCrypt Container -> etc -> Your Data

(One container in other)

Tip 2: If you use PGP Disk to encrypt your data use ONLY PGP 6.0 or less. DO NOT USE PGP 7.0, 8.0 or higher – there is a backdoor placed for USSS.

Tip 3: In Win’XP/2000 by using Tweak-XP set Windows to store “Application Data”(The folder there all programs store their data) folder at you encrypted disk.

Tip 4: Using Tweak-XP set Windows to store temporary data at your encrypted disk or RAM Disk

Tip 5: In BestCrypt use Encrypt SWAP File feature.

3) Deleting trails

Tip 1: To delete single files of folders use BestCrypt Wipe or similar utility. It’s completely delete files without ability to restore it.

Tip 2: Use Evidence Eliminator and Track Eraser programs to delete all you internet and windows trails

4) Internet Security

Tip 1: Use SocksChain program to build proxy chains

By your FireWall block access for SocksChain to ufasoft.com site (or it will send your private proxys to Ufasoft and share it to the rest of the world)

Tip 2: Install Permeo Security Driver to tunnel all your traffic to SocksChain

Tip 3: Use Outpost FireWall Pro as your main FireWall program. It’s the best FireWall I’ve ever seen and trojan makers have many problems with this software.

Tip 4: If you use Internet Explorer as your main browser turn off all ActiveX features and Java Virtual Machine. Most part of IE exploits uses ActiveX vulnerabilities and features.

It’s all for now. Not much but it can increase from time to time by me or by other members. I hope it will help somebody to be safe and to keep freedom

Regards

For more tutorial vesit www.darkmarket.ws,

7 day waiting for new members

Edited by JiLsi

A summary of MHO:

Tip 1: Bullshit

Tip 2: Why, unless you need the space or are removing a Virus? It can be a useful feature.

Tip 3: Good idea.

Tip 4: Matter of preference. Can help security.

Tip 5: Sounds like a good idea.

Tip 6: If you don't need a service it goes off. Par for the course.

Tip 7: That issue was patched way back in XP's SP1

Section 2 are all good practices, any encryption is better than none.

Same with 3.

Section 4 is good too, Permeo can be a damn good tool from what I remember of it when set up correctly, and O.P is a good Windows host based firewall.

so why dont you improve the technique,

rather then slapping it down

Well, I didn't mean to slap it down. :( I guess maybe bullshit was harsh, but that is what that first part was. From there out I mostly said good things about it. Making sure to point out my opinion on that silly statement about NTFS was my way of improving the technique. Section 2, 3, 4 have good points in them. Though maybe a little paranoid. Here is a good quote on PGP Backdoors, since PGP source is a little tough to chew on for me.

No version of PGP is known to have a "backdoor" that will allow the government or anyone else access to your PGP encrypted email/files. PGP releases the source code (complete for versions 2.6.2, 5.0, 5.5.3, 6.0.2, 6.5.1, 6.5.8, 8.x, 9.x; and the PGPsdk 2.1.1 for the hotfixed PGP 7.1, which includes all the cryptographic functioning) of its PGP products that others freely examine for such backdoors or possible flaws - anyone finding one would have instant fame in the cryptology community. Of course, most of us (including myself) are not capable of examining such source code. If your paranoia is strong enough, you may want to take into account that 8.0 is the first version produced by PGP Corporation, 7.1 is the last version before the 9/11/01 terrorist attacks on the USA, 7.0.3 is the last version released before Phil Zimmermann (founder of PGP) left NAI, and 5.5.3 was the last version of PGP before it was purchased by NAI.

There you have it. The best crypto buffs in the world tried to find that "backdoor", and none did. If your paranoia can't be dissuaded though, there is the version timeline as well. Even the most paranoid would point out the error in the text you posted, PGP 7.0.3 is the one you want, not want to avoid. That said, avoid the issue and use GnuPG.

On the subject of tip number one (using NTFS). It would seem the target of your advice is aimed at one who does not know what a journaled file system is and the key benifit of using FAT32 is that the "FEDS" will not be able to get at your data. I dare say the "FEDS" would still be able to get at the data. Now as I said you seem to target one who does not know this and I ask do you think you might preaching to the wrong crowd? I'm not going to claim to be an expert in file systems but I know that the benefits of NTFS (stability, larger than 4GB file size capacity, speed, etc...) have a bit more pull than simply not writing over the filespace when I click "delete". If anything the main benefit of FAT32 is for interopbility with linux and mac os boxes. Overall most of what you post is fair enough but the first section is riddled with holes. In my personal opinion encrypting your whole disk (while VERY cool) is overkill, I would suggest simply keeping a section encrypted for whatever you may keep.

Slaping it down? Whoever wrote this has little idea of what real security is.

1. NTFS IS GOOD. It's a much better put together filesystem than FAT32 and it can help YOU save YOUR ass.from a crash. This bullshit about the Feds is just that: bullshit. Whether you delete a file in FAT32 or NTFS, the process is the exact same: the file pointer is deleted and the data remains. THIS DOES NOT DIFFER ON EITHER FS.

2. This is both a good idea and a bad idea. It's a good idea but not because it has anything to do with the Feds. If you're this worried about getting caught, bury your computer 10 feet underground, encased in cement and don't ever use it again.

3. Setting a static pagefile size can be good if you have a low amount of RAM but is detrimental to system performance if you have more than 512MB of RAM. If you have 1GB of RAM, disable the pagefile altogether because you don't need it.

4. This is personal preference, I find hibernation to be extremely helpful.

5. Instead of wasting time installing ANOTHER program to manage cookies, just set your browser to not accept them. Better yet, run something like FireFox from a USB key. Pocket FireFox does not save any information such as cookies, temp files, etc by default.

6. Remote Desktop isn't even enabled by default, another useless tip.

7. Yeah, another paranoid tip.

The Encryption stuff

1. Encrypting containers inside encrypted containers is an OK idea but all it serves to do is make you forget passwords and install a bunch of programs. If you use strong encryption from the start, you don't need to encrypt everything two or three times.

2. I call bullshit about a backdoor for the Secret Service. If you're REALLY worried, you'd just use TrueCrypt (much better than BestCrypt anyway) or GPG. Bullshit tip. I want proof.

3. Yeah, BS tip. You normally cannot change the datapath for programs so therefore you can't change the datapath for \Application Data\. NEXT.

4. Another program to install? Waste of time. You can change most of those settings within the programs themselves.

5. Instead of encrypting your swap/pagefile, change your Local Group Policy to clear the pagefile on shutdown. It's a much easier process and a stronger policy.

Deleting Trails

Every tip in this section is bullshit. The files are still recoverable. NEXT.

Internet Security

1, Proxy chaining is an OK idea but makes things run slowly. If you have to block a ping to a server, you need to use a program that DOES NOT phone home. Half bullshit tip.

2. Great ANOTHER program to install. Instead of wasting more time doing this, use SOCKS-aware programs, it's easier.

3. OutWall is as good as the rest of software firewalls: not very. Use real hardware firewalls and layer them.

4. Disabling ActiveX and JVM makes a lot of sites useless but it only stops a few vulns. If you want to stop more simply disable scripting altogether. Now all sites are useless and you're "safe". Better yet, don't use IE.

Whoever wrote this is a dumbass and they're also very praiseful of piracy. I wouldn't trust this person to 'hack' a paper bag let alone tell me about security.

Whoever wrote this is a dumbass and they're also very praiseful of piracy. I wouldn't trust this person to 'hack' a paper bag let alone tell me about security.

just a small point,

person who wrote the tutorial is one of the most wanted cybercriminal, no he not in jail, he still out there.

just a small point,

person who wrote the tutorial is one of the most wanted cybercriminal, no he not in jail, he still out there.

Better to be lucky than good.

just a small point,

You act like that's impressive. Criminals always go to jail.

Most wanted cyber criminal eh? Anyone else have a hard time swallowing that?

Whoah Eggman long time no see man. How are things? Get on IRC some day, I don't have a msn client to use these days. I finally got a job too man.

yes you send up, going to prison.

Most wanted cyber criminal... :voteno:

Captain, it seems our Bullshit-O-Meter is reading well above normal.... 9000 to be precise.
ALL HANDS ON DECK!!!! MAN THE FLAMETHROWERS! Prepare to fire!
FIRE!

I agree with tehbizz on this one, do you have any idea as to what you are talking about?

doubt it.

Did anyone attempt to visit the link JilSi provided? wxx.DarkMarket.ws

For those of you who don't know, DarkMarket is/was a well known carding/Dump site and JilSi is the admin.

Google "JilSi" and just look at all the shit that comes up. :voteno:

Someone should probably remove those links so as not to associate BinRev with that sort of thing. (site seems to been down right now)

*just as a note, when you google "darkmarket.ws" and look under "similar pages" BinRev is listed

That's probably not a good thing.