Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jamie79512

Hotel fun

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys, im staying in a hotel for a day or two and was wondering if you guys had any ideas for messin around with their network.. im just bored and need something to do..

Explore it! Get pictures, find cool places :o why mess with their network :D

Thats my suggestion :)

maybe you could practice some SE-ing

:P

reminds me of the time mgross and i went to the Hilton (palmer house) in chicago. :-) if anyone is in chicago, check out the telecom room in the bottom most basement.

Get on the roof of the hotel (the door to the roof is usually locked, but try anyway)

Fire up ettercap and redirect all HTTP requests to goatse (DNS poison)

Fire up ettercap and sniff everyone's passwords (ARP poison)

Find some open SMB shares (Windows File Sharing)

Steal ethernet cables (Yeah, I'm in room 1337 and I need an ethernet cable)

Mass Net Send floods (The matrix has you)

Do some UE and take pictures

Prank call random rooms (not from your room phone, call in from a cell or find a public phone)

Print out textfiles and cool images from the business center's laser printer

Sneak into the convention center for free goodies

Thats about all I can think of for now.

Get on the roof of the hotel (the door to the roof is usually locked, but try anyway)

Fire up ettercap and redirect all HTTP requests to goatse (DNS poison)

Fire up ettercap and sniff everyone's passwords (ARP poison)

Find some open SMB shares (Windows File Sharing)

Steal ethernet cables (Yeah, I'm in room 1337 and I need an ethernet cable)

Mass Net Send floods (The matrix has you)

Do some UE and take pictures

Prank call random rooms (not from your room phone, call in from a cell or find a public phone)

Print out textfiles and cool images from the business center's laser printer

Sneak into the convention center for free goodies

Thats about all I can think of for now.

Hey, would it be considered trespassing to go on the roof or into the basements?

[quote name='BrakeDanceJ' date='Jul 8 2006, 09:51 PM' post='195404'

Hey, would it be considered trespassing to go on the roof or into the basements?

Well you can always pretend to be lost, to be a tourist looking for good signal for your laptop (if youre carrying it at the moment when you do a roof visit) or a cleaning employee if you are caught in the basement...

Just dont steal all their food :]

Well, may be too late now, we have to check out by noon tomorrow.. but i think i will do an mass net send, and maybe a little se'ing, no point in ue there is nothing here really... no business rooms, no off limit areas.. idk, i see what i can do before we leave..

maybe you could practice some SE-ing

:P

Sorry for asking stupid question, what is SE-ing ?

Edited by sparrow

I woke up too late to do anything good.. i did steal the lan cable out of the room, and on the public computer in the lobby i put a batch file that would message the entire network with "all your base are belong to us" it will send it about 30 times when someone opens it. I named it help, so maybe someone would be dumb enough to open it..

I woke up too late to do anything good.. i did steal the lan cable out of the room, and on the public computer in the lobby i put a batch file that would message the entire network with "all your base are belong to us" it will send it about 30 times when someone opens it. I named it help, so maybe someone would be dumb enough to open it..

lol you should of placed the file in startup. Last time I went on vacation the hotel I was in had the usual VMB system. Each room had its own VMB for the guest or course. But the VMB had an option for a password and you could change the greeting message. I then figured out how to change other guest passwords and VMBs and greeting messages. It was fun.