Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
decoder

10-10-288-0

8 posts in this topic

AT&T has more than one "dial-around". Most of them are regional (10-10-288 is national), and some work differently from different places. Two that work from my area (New York) are 10-16-111 and 10-16-746. Both of these work exactly the same as 10-10-288, meaning that when I add a zero, I get the AT&T long distance automated operator. When I use any of these "dial-arounds" to call an ANAC, I find that I always get routed through the New York City call center (NPA 212). Only once did I get routed to npa904, using 10-16-746. I can only assume that 212 was busy, and I would have been routed through 904 regardless of which 101-xxxx number I had dialed. I'm sure that there are others that can be used from my area, but I haven't gotten around to scanning 101-xxxx-0. I will soon, though. Thanks to Lucky225 for the 10-16-746. (he lives in Cali so that one may be nationwide, try it.)

Also, I've found that you may not be routed to the closest call center. I have a friend from Boston who gets npa703 (virginia) when using 10-10-288, and npa212 when using one of those 10-16's (I forgot which one). I'm closer to Virginia than he is, but I never get that 703 on any of AT&T's 10-1-xxxx numbers.

It kind of sucks to be in canada, that way. I can't use the 10-10-xxx dial arounds from here. The only real way to do that is to use a calling card, I have noticed that UCO calling cards will me (in Canada) jump onto the 10-10-xxx dial arounds. Not that its really neccessary, anyways in the westren Telus zone. Telus sucks so much, the local CO cant even pass ANI to a long-distance carrier. Poor telus. Direct dialing a long distance number causes an ANI-F. :D

Anyways, thanks decoder, thats interesting, and I'm sure the information will be useful laterx0r.

decoder: i;ve used 10102880 a lot, and never been routed outside my NPA (which btw is 703). But ive never tried 10-16-746 before...

i released a 1x-1x-xxx list witch can be found in the newest npanxx on www.teamphreak.org and my site. This list has every Dial Around Service and tells you who owns it. go check it out.

nice site, theres lots to sift through i should be there for quite a while B)

use the search feature in IE or whatever you use. Search by company you'll find quite a few that will allow you to call toll free numbers.

10-10-387

10-10-732

10-10-858\

10-10-869/ atnt canada

10-10-988 atnt easylink

i know there more but i found these just now.