Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YourVeryOwnWindowlicker

I Need Some Help

9 posts in this topic

I know Im, ok no Im not new, I just cant get a hold of anyone but yeah. New name. I found some docs on the street, and I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what the hell I found? Oh, :D :D Also found a 200EP Inductive Amp, just sitting on top a phone box with this notebook, both wet, but notebook is readable, and amp is working :D woot what a find. I would prefer a real phreak to answer, not anyone who hasnt had much experiance, Natas would be good, if hes around. Ill take a picture of me with the goodies. Btw, when you see the picture, youll know who I am. I dont wanna be any trouble to anyone here. I just need help. Im not an angry person anymore. 168266400_df2ef6d6e1.jpg168266401_af133ed1b1.jpg168266404_2a97232eec.jpg Anywho, PM me anyone who thinks they can help. Dont wanna put the stuff in here, That would be kinda bad.

Edited by The Windowlicker

The inductive amplifier is used for manually finding lines. If you have a whole bunch of unlabeled lines, and you want to find out which is which, you can use the inductive amp. However, it's not much good without a tone generator. The normal operation is to clip the tone generator on the known end of a line, and use the inductive amplifier on the unlabeled end, moving it from line to line, until you hear a tone. Once you hear the tone, you know you are on the correct line.

The inductive amplifier is used for manually finding lines. If you have a whole bunch of unlabeled lines, and you want to find out which is which, you can use the inductive amp. However, it's not much good without a tone generator. The normal operation is to clip the tone generator on the known end of a line, and use the inductive amplifier on the unlabeled end, moving it from line to line, until you hear a tone. Once you hear the tone, you know you are on the correct line.

What about these numbers I got in the notepad, should I pm them to ya?

Not strictly true - if you want to ID a pair on the side going from a cabinet to the concentrator you can use a cable pair ID test if there is one locally and you know the number, otherwise you'll (obviously) need the tone generator. IIRC one of the two numbers for your local loop will generate the 1kHz test tone.

<snip>

Not much use unless you plan to get a job at the thin end of the maintanence wedge (not necessarily telecomms, they're used alot in alarm systems and suchlike)

As for the notepad, it's unlikely you'll find anything Poulsen would be proud of, an employee ID number at best IME. Plus the repairman will punch you when he finds out you nicked his kit, though IMO it's his own fault for leaving it unattended :P

PS

Lurrrrrrve the shirt :)

Edited by Fone Ranger

As for the notepad, it's unlikely you'll find anything Poulsen would be proud of, an employee ID number at best IME. Plus the repairman will punch you when he finds out you nicked his kit, though IMO it's his own fault for leaving it unattended :P

PS

Lurrrrrrve the shirt :)

Well the pads got some stuff written on it, I just dont wanna drop it in this thread, dont want any legal troubles. I'd prefer a PM. If anyone is interested in looking.

Fone Ranger is right. Those kind of toners are used a lot more by electricians and commerical wiring installers than they are by outside plant technicians.

Fone Ranger is right. Those kind of toners are used a lot more by electricians and commerical wiring installers than they are by outside plant technicians.

but the notebook had phonenumbers in it...... I mean, it was sitting on top of a phone box.....

Edited by The Windowlicker

well, you've gotten me curious now. care to PM me the numbers?

well, you've gotten me curious now. care to PM me the numbers?

ask icon :P been up all night moving furniture. now im being forced to mow the lawn. im in pain lol heh