Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tao_of_pi

SkypeDiver

11 posts in this topic

I've got a whole summer with nothing to do so I think i'm going to do some scanning. I want to use skype so I don't have to deal with caller ID blocking and I'll be able to scan long distance numbers. I've been looking for a war dialer that works with skype but the only one I've come up with is Skypediver, and I cant get it to run.

I was wondering if anybody else has had trouble with it and possibly how to make it run? Also if anyone knows of another skype compatible war dialer please let me know.

skypediver

Yarrgh. If you want to wardial, do it from something that isn't a free service. People like you are just going to ruin it for the legitimate users. I happen to like free SkypeOut.

i second that! don't abuse the free services. please. :D

Abuse the service if you like.

If skype shuts down the free service, the market share they have goes away and new start ups will pop up and compete with each other, driving down prices for real services and starting inovation. It is the circle of life, one company dies so that others may feast on its remains and grow, bringing new ideas with them.

You will also have a lot of people perfecly willing to hunt you down; Some who work for the company who owns Skype and have a job to protect the servive, some who are in law enforcment who are looking into it due to reports of "abuse of a computer network" by you, and some who are just pissed that you posted the above and are looking for your docs. I'm not one of these of course, but you never know how mad people can get when you help take away something they love... and this is the internet, so you never really know who you angered.

My advice? Use your smarts for something more productive: Learn C.

Edited by feverdream

I dont think Skype could press charges on me for using an auto dialer, the most they could probably do is terminate my account for violation of the ToS. Besides I do buy credit because I have friends in the U.K. that I call, at least they make some money off me. I cant scan with my land line because of serious intereference, I can do it with my cell but I have to scan manualy, and I was just looking for something that was a bit easier.

My advice? Use your smarts for something more productive: Learn C

I do know a little C, but right now i'm teaching myself Perl (I can only endure so much of that a day). I've really only gotten into phreaking about a few months ago, I never had a big intrest in phones until I began reading more about them.On a side note, I was wondering if anybody knows about some sites that have text files that talk about how the current phone systems actually work? Most of the stuff that I find just talks about ANI fails and breaking into voice mail, textfiles.com has some stuff like that but it seems a bit dated and I dont know if much of it could be of use today.

First off, I doubt that you would encounter any legal issues with scanning on skype. That being said, abusing a cool free service is an asshole thing to do. If someone is nice enough to give you a sandwitch you don't kick them in the balls because they didn't give you a soda as well.

if it was egg salad i might.

Whatever. I guess I'll just do it manually <_<

"Don't be a penis."

Better yet, "Don't be a asshat"

nice effort tho kid :)