Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
decoder

Blackout!

3 posts in this topic

When the power went out at 4:20 pm yesterday, the only thing that worked was my phone. I did have a little trouble placing long distance calls on verizon lines, but the dialarounds worked fine. I needed to know what the fuck was going on so I grabbed my little battery-powered radio to listen to the news, but the 9-volt was dead. But I did know of an alternative way to hear the news. There is a local phone number here in NY for the ABC newswire. I found the number in a 20 year old text-file, and the damn number still worked. It's a good thing I knew about this number because whenever I wanted to hear the updates, I would just dial it up and I was able to hear the news through my phone. There are about 10 numbers in a row for this thing and they were busy for about 2 hours at one point during the day. I bet it was a couple of old phreaks using it. All I know is that it was very convenient when night fell, and I had no other options.

i was talking to phreakblaze on that new chat room. but it was pretty crazy we got power back at midnight. I was on my way to my local CO but there was people there.