Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
unity

(ARCHIVE) Wawina

86 posts in this topic

Did anyone manage to finish sorting through their recordings of the message system and upload them somewhere?

Did anyone manage to finish sorting through their recordings of the message system and upload them somewhere?

I'm just now getting around to BinRev radio for this week and there's a bunch of the recordings on it.

Its divided into 8 segments, in both RA and MP3 formats on this page on the Phone World website. That page has other recordings from Wawina, too.

Av1d, im definately down for scanning out some in-band signaling!! lets get the rest of the crew down to scan it out as well :blink::blink:

Oops, I forgot to recheck this thread to see if anyone was interested in scanning.

Let me compile a list of the NPAs and then I'll repost it here.

I'm also interested in scanning what I can.

Well, it looks like 867 covers all of northern Canada. But, I'm not going to jack this topic so I'll post a new thread.

I've found that there are still quite a few old pieces of telephony equipment still in service these days, despite what some may say. Try searching for certain switch types that commonly service very remote areas. I've had some luck with that. I then usually try war dialing specific ranges in the exchange for that area, and I have to say I've found some very interesting numbers.

av1d, I wasn't aware that anyone else besides me was suspicious about the ol' RedCom Labs MDX384 switches until I saw this thread. I've been exploring that switch type for a while, mainly because of their apparent tendancy to still be older switches.

I don't get what you mean by "they have a tendancy to still be older switches." They're Redcom switches. Yeah, I don't understand. Whatevs. Anyways, you can't trust telcodata or bellsmind for switch type infoz. Some of their information is mad old.

Sorry, I didn't mean older. I meant they seem to usually service more remote areas. I always seem to find interesting things in exchanges serviced by these types of switches.

[edit]: Heh, yeah... I see what you mean about that. They're a secondary resource, so that is to be sort of expected.

Edited by Devilz212