Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
unity

(ARCHIVE) Wawina

86 posts in this topic

Listen to the "wawena" recording : 218-488-1307, before N-carrier is gone there.

err, I meant "Wawena" in the title. I beleive it's Wawena, not Wawina.

Edited by unity

Listen to the wawina recording : 218-488-1307, before N-carrier is gone there.

I've got a bunch recorded. I'll get it uploaded tonight. When does the switch go down?

I've got a bunch recorded. I'll get it uploaded tonight. When does the switch go down?

Yay! i was hoping someone would record that! Make sure to get my little message on there. :D

The audio from the recording is kinda funky, I'll re-record it agian tonight from my normal setup.

it's 218-488-1306 to leave a message

telcobob, I haven't gotten to your recording yet.

By the way, if anyone wants to MF into it, you need 50ms intervals for your MF tones, and 50ms spaces. You'd need to MF just the last seven digits, the 488-XXXX to reach a number on the local switch. I don't know if lucky noted this on NSATT radio, but it's an inward trunk, so you can only reach numbers on the 488 exchange (as far as I know).

I hope someone is going to record the whole long message one 1307. :)

[edit]

Hee, I'm at lamerjoe now. :)

Edited by unity

i think tomorrow i'll start it recording before i go to work and see how far i've gotten when i get back home.

Ah TelcoBob, I finially got to your message. :)

This recording is quite long since I last listened to it! I'm well over an hour now. :)

on a side note...... 218.488.1399 gives you a dial tone. i have not had a chance to play with it.

It's Wawina, MN. 218-488-8463 is the time number. I am working on getting a message on the circuit and making a recording. Maybe after I sober up a little bit...

I left my digital voice recorder on the line last night I got about 2 and a half hours recorded I'll edited what I need to and upload it. This time the audio is pretty nice and clean.

I have one number to contribute, (218) 488-9103 is a supervision test. After a few off-hook's and on-hook's, it does supervise.

The N2 is supposed to be cut over to T1 on June 14. The date isn't final, but it will happen on or around that time. 1306 and 1307 will remain up for a few days after the cutover, and eventually, the final recording will be moved to (218) 488-2600, and you will no longer be able to record messages. It just won't be the same listening to the recording on T1 carrier, so I'll try to record as much as I can myself before the cutover, and I'll also record the final recording when its moved to its new number and nobody can leave any more messages.

nice find!

Edited by BrakeDanceJ

You're right, that's definitely not the supervision test. However, that is the right number, and I have a recording of it from May 29, which I uploaded. I'll try to find out what happenned to the supervision test.

EDIT: That's really weird. I saw you edited your post, so I called the sup test, and its back to normal. When I called it after you posted, I heard someone breathing and playing around with touch tones. I have no clue what was going on, but its back to normal now. I'll leave the recording up anyway.

2184889103.mp3

Edited by JmanA9

t3st.s3t, I wasn't getting a dialtone, just a series of soft clicks, then a reorder again.

[edit]

That's on that 1399 number, by the way.

Edited by unity

Here are a few more numbers.

(218)-488-1302 - "Mental Health Hotline" Recording

(218)-488-1300 - Asterisk box -- number readback program?

(218)-488-1303 - Milliwatt

(218)-488-1301 - Wake up call system

I believe the wake up call system is for local numbers only. If you call the number the box reads back, it gives you one pulse of reorder and one pulse of 480 hz, sine wave.

I'll record as much as I can of the sysetm without running up a huge bill, which will hopefully mean the whole series of recordings on 1307.

As for the 1399, I dialed 1111, heard four soft clicks, and then a loud click, silence, then "hello?".

t3st.s3t, I wasn't getting a dialtone, just a series of soft clicks, then a reorder again.

[edit]

That's on that 1399 number, by the way.

that's weird. i was playing around with it today, no problems. i did get it to dial a local number, but there was never an answer. i just tried to call the number and all that i get is a reorder with static. actually, any number that i call in that exchange has a reorder. anyone else experience this?

Nope, I was able to put calls through normally.

Y'know, the recordings on 1307 are going to be there until the cutover. Then, after the cutover, the recording is going to get moved over to 2600, and you will no longer be able to record new messages.

as of 9:02am est, i'm getting a dial tone from 218-488-1399, plus a whole lot of static. :huh:

here's another number 218-488-6508. it's a system monitor of some type. when you google the number it comes up as the Wawina, MN town hall.

I can hear what sounds like a fan in the background. Perhaps it's part of a security/maintenence system for a computer room in the town hall?

I'm just wondering if anyone is going to post recordings of the message line from the n-2, or other lines on the exchange, like the intercept. If anyone has these recordings up somewhere I would love to get them so that I could listen to them once it cuts over to the T-1. Thanks a bunch.

-light

218-488-0000 is a Not in Service number. The time number is 218-488-TIME. I don't know of any others, aside from the ones on the first page, though.

EDIT: Welcome to the forums, light!

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

Thanks for the welcome ThoughtPhreaker. However, my question was slightly ambiguious. I have found the numbers for the different recordings, but I will probibly not be able to get sound file recordings (.mp3, .wav) as I probibly will not be able to get a recording rig of sufficient quality set up before the n-2 is cut over, so I was wondering if anyone else has files saved of the different recordings (including the +1-218-488-1307 line [complete]) which I would be able to download for later play.

-light

question: if someone was to whistle off wawena, what would they hear in response?