Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zerooffline

First Time

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, this is my first time to the forum, and first time posting. I did a little browsing and have already found some things that I liked. I guess the reason i'm posting is because I want to get a definition of a phreaker and some other things. For instance, assuming a phreaker is a phone hacker, what is it that a beginner should do in order to get into the scene?

I've been to PLA site, and I receive 2600 quarterly which have shown me some articles, and I found my way to this site. However a lot of the txt files seem old and poorly written, I don't know what is useful and what isn't. If you guys can, inform me on the topics which could make me become a more experienced phreaker, and I will do my best to read up and study. I have a friend who works for verizon, maybe he'll have something useful I can read or something. But knowing what that is, is the first step.

I hope you guys can see what I'm trying to say, I'm not the best at explaining myself. If you can provide me with the direction I'm looking for, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'd start by building a beige box, then a CD redbox.

But the question is why should I build a beige box and then a CD redbox... and what do each of them do? how will they help me etc.

ftp.2600.com

look for a folder called "boxes" and look at all the phreak boxes

I found the box descriptions at ftp.2600.com (which included beige box) but what is the difference between a CD redbox and just a normal redbox.

And isn't redboxing dead?

EDIT: I just spent 5 seconds looking up a CD Redbox and I found it. Another question about it though. I have a little muvo mp3 player. Do you think this would be better then using a discman with a cdr?

:D If youre here, youre on the scene. The only advice that most people can give you is read, read, read. You might want to check out:

www.hackerhost.com/lph

www.hackcanada.com

www.oldskoolphreak.com

spunge.telco-insiders.org

basicly just browse forums. heres a few sites with forums

www.logical-thoughts.tk

www.undergroundsystems.org

www.slipnet.org

www.port7alliance.com

www.hackers.co.za