Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparrow

Webcam spy

12 posts in this topic

I have been wondering how to activate someone's webcam silently using command line. I know there is MSN, INstant Messenger that will show live video on both ends but how to activate on one end. I have tried on my networkbut couldnt work it out !! Not sure if webcam have their own IP address ? My webcam is Logitech Pro 5000. Would netcat do the job ?

no

webcams connected to pc's do not have their own ip. They are USB devices. You probably want to look into directshow/directx on how to capture video from a webcam. It is relatively easy, but requires some software on the pc to do it.

no

webcams connected to pc's do not have their own ip. They are USB devices. You probably want to look into directshow/directx on how to capture video from a webcam. It is relatively easy, but requires some software on the pc to do it.

Thanks for your reply, please could you direct me to what software to capture video from webcam ?

Cheers

Let me explain and hope you understand me better, how do you capture video remotely via webcam from someone's PC ?

Is there a command line to access someone's PC and capture video secretly via webcam ?

Cheers

Let me explain and hope you understand me better, how do you capture video remotely via webcam from someone's PC ?

Is there a command line to access someone's PC and capture video secretly via webcam ?

Cheers

I call 'malicious intent'.

there is command line access to the webcam, if you have a command line program that uses microsoft's directshow API. And yes, I too detect malicious intent.

i heard about a way of looking at someones cam while they dont know and its by finding out the serial and typing it in on google and shit but i just heard about it. i dont know if it would actualy work and i highly doubt it

--spelling edited by droops--

Not that i'd know, but I think sub7 did that back in the day. Again not that i'd know.

Cheers

I call 'malicious intent'.

I smell some horny english fella.....eeew get away from me

I have been wondering how to activate someone's webcam silently using command line. I know there is MSN, INstant Messenger that will show live video on both ends but how to activate on one end. I have tried on my networkbut couldnt work it out !! Not sure if webcam have their own IP address ? My webcam is Logitech Pro 5000. Would netcat do the job ?

Well, in theory...

To get video from someone's cam you would either have to intercept data from an existing web conference or else build a trojan that uses their webcam and sends the pictures back to you - of course you'd need to find a way to get them to install the trojan and that's all highly illegal anyway.

I don't think you could easily control someone's cam remotely unless they'd set it up themselves to do that and either forgot to use a password or used a week one.

If you'd like to mess around with webcams and have a go at coding something to use them yourself, you need to investigate Microsoft's DirectShow. Good luck with that... :wacko: