P(?)NYB(?)Y

Official The Sixth HOPE Thread!!

71 posts in this topic

ok, HOPE isn't too far away. who's going that wants to let me potentially stay on thier floor (for free)? otherwise, who else is just going?

GOING

cypress

phreakblaze

murd0c

Seal

BlackRatchet

MR. White (and the FBill Crew)

slick0

nenn

StankDawg

zer0db

Scheda

Dexter Douglas

w1nt3rmut3

ic0n

notyourtim

Dramacide

duper

zeroxeal

I-baLL

MAYBE GOING

P(?)NYB(?)Y

XxthugstylezxX

Soho

RightCoast

regret

Edited by P(?)NYB(?)Y

I am going for sure. However, I am not sure that I could let you crash in my room 'cause I already have other people that are going with me.

I'll see you all in NYC for Hope!

I sure am going. I don't have any room for any extras, sorry. It should be good either way.

I will be there for sure.

Going for sure.

Edited by Seal

(Hope6.Going && Hope6.Speaking) = true

Accomadations have NOT been set up yet. That won't probably be until June.

(No, you can't stay with me, the then-Mrs. Ratchet does not want guests)

NYC Hotel Tip: Check out the Hotel QT in Times Square if your not staying at the Hotel Penn. I hear rooms are super cheap (compared to the rest of NYC). I think rooms start at around $175 a night.

The FBill crew will be going. Possibly room in our room.

ill be there, if its just one person, and you dont mind a little of ur own BO, then dont sleep, i live in nyc and i did that last year, its not as difficult as it sounds. or just ask someone to shower in their room during the day and take a nap, or live in the network room. thats always fun.

seal im glad to see youre going same goes for your murd0c but then again i <3 j00

NYC Hotel Tip: Check out the Hotel QT in Times Square if your not staying at the Hotel Penn. I hear rooms are super cheap (compared to the rest of NYC). I think rooms start at around $175 a night.

Searching the web netted more then a few hotels that were within walking distance (<1 mile) and very reasonably priced.

I believe I am going to attend. Cash is very tight around at the moment, hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Edited by Soho

It sounds like fun. What is it?

Fun indeed. For reference and all of those who are not aware I have stated the following. HOPE (acronym for "Hackers On Planet Earth") is a hackers convention held (traditionally?) in New York, NY on non-annual bases. The convention is held (traditionally?) in The Hotel Pennsylvania and Hosted by the Magazine "2600", its authors, and associates. HOPE is possible due to the amount of people in "the community" which volunteer their time, energy, and knowledge. The Speakers, Presenters, and all of the staff are volunteers.

The Official Site:

http://www.hopenumbersix.net/

Wiki:

http://wiki.hopenumbersix.net/Main_Page

Blog:

http://blog.hopenumbersix.net/

bl_paw.gifSoho

EDIT: null...

Edited by Soho

zer0db and I will be there.

I'm working it out. I will be in northern CT for something else, and have to get a rental and get to NYC sometime Saturday morning. That's the plan anyway. :P

There's a youth hostel at 8th avenue and 30th St (two blocks down, one over) from the HOPE con, apparently its cheap, clean and not very shady.

Also, there might be a BBQ happening on an unnamed office building near the hotel. Keep your ears open on the Friday of the con for more infos.

My fiance and I would love to go, but I think I have to work. :(

As of right now I'm going. I need to find a place to crash friday night. If you wanna save some $ on your room let me know.

Should be going unless monitary monsters perform a sneak attack...I wouldn't mind splitting a room as long as it's with someone who's been to the conference before, as I have not. Hit me up...

Edited by regret

murd0c is this office building the one i think it is?

murd0c is this office building the one i think it is?

Yes, that exact one. I don't know how I'm gonna get a grill up there yet, but it's gonna happen.

So it's looking like I'll be @ hope this year. Still checking out room rates, I might need a place to crash¿