Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thef007

Averatec

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know much about Averatec computers? a friend is thinking about selling it, itll need to be upgraded fully....is it worth buying?

thef007-

I know the laptops are decent. Do they make desktops?

I own a Averatec C3500 Tablet PC, 60 gig version. I love it. Buy one if you can, it even supports Linux.

But be carefull about the touch screen. It goes crazy if your drivers are not up to date.

I'm typing this post on an Averatec laptop, the 3225HS or something like that. It's in the ultra-portable class of laptops.

I got it as a gift (I asked for an IBM, but got this instead). The battery failed within 6 months, but I was able to claim manufacturers warranty. When the manufacturer got it, they replaced the battery, hard drive, and power supply.

Not long after that, the machine would heat up so bad that it would shut down. It was no longer under manufacturers warranty, but the person who bought it shelled out for the big-box extended warranty so it took one more trip to RMA. But this time, it didn't go to the manufacturer, it went to a different repair center, and when I got it back the spacebar won't space if you hit it on the right side and there fucking crumbs on the keyboard.

It still heats up, but not to the point of shutdown, and it is a pain in the ass to completley back everything up and then DBAN every time I have a problem.

So unless your getting a really good deal, or the person your buying it from has already had problems with it, I would save your money.

Thanks, ill put my money back in my pocket. I don't want to deal with all those problems. she said her graphics card is already going out...ill take your advice and look for better deals.

thef007-