Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cr4X

Hardware

32 posts in this topic

I have become very interrested in hardware, since the last time I had to have hardware installed from another person I ordered WinXP Pro with it where he re-formatted my harddrive without taking backup wich pissed me off :angry:

So 3 questions:

1 :Wich manufacturers should I buy from, if I want to be sure I don't get any clone cards?

2: Anyone know a good tutorial for installtion of hardware? The only book I have is "the indispenceable pc hardware book", wich is a little too difficult for me right now.

3: Anyone know how i should clean and maintain my hardware, to assure I don't get any problems with warmth and so on(dust is a terrible thing). A tutorial would be nice.

Thanks a lot in advance.

well, i learned by just doing stuff like a flaming idiot. I just put the stuff together and see what happens. I learn a lot of stuff by doing that. now for cleaning, i use nothing more than a can of compressed air to keep dust off. The only thing i ever read up on when i first tried to make a computer was the power issues, stuff like compatability and and colling i leaned by frying things.

well, i learned by just doing stuff like a flaming idiot. I just put the stuff together and see what happens.

oh yeah, the skills are just running off you aren't they? ^_^

The reason I had to get it repaired somewhere else is because I screwed up some of the hardware (my cooler went down and I made sure the rest went down too).

I learned a little from my hardware book, but it's way too complex.

For cleaning I got a cd drive cleaner cd, wich has some funny child music, and looks like a DOS/Win 3.1 program ^_^

I got it cause some guy at the university (who repaired my comp), said it would burn down if I didn't clean it every 14 day, but on the package of the cd it's mentioned I should use it for every 10 hours use!!!

/me wished it didn't have copyright so I could upload the music.

go read up on building your own pc...that will give you a lot of info

buy from newegg.com

thats where i built my pc from and it was great, very low prices and they dont rape you on the shipping and handling like other *cough*tigerdirect*cough* sites.

well, i learned by just doing stuff like a flaming idiot. I just put the stuff together and see what happens.

yes, its an unstopable stream, like gummy worms.

But really, thats how i learn alot, by messing with the stuff untill it works. I'm going to build a box of all diffrent types of stuff so i can experiment. They only time i read is stuff like my cisco book, or programing, which i still am yet to read.

BTW, you know how i learned to to put your tongue on a lantern battery???

yes, its an unstopable stream, like gummy worms.

ROTFLMAO....

But seriously, sometimes you gotta break a few eggs to learn how to make a good omelette.

I was thinking about a good book for setting up my box, and stuff like that. If I didn't wanna mess with it, I just bought a Dell Inspiration (or wtf they're called) :P

But seriously, sometimes you gotta break a few eggs to learn how to make a good omelette.
Yeah I know, but still, hardware is very expensive, not like eggs?

BTW, nice forum.

*edit* wrote yeha instead of yeah.

You don't need to pay for hardware when you dumpster dive, or find the ones that people through away. Now that i think about it, i was in a B&N reading a comp mag( don't remember what it is) but they took computers off the sidewalks and still found things on the hard drives like credit info, accounts #s and such.

Do you think I can dumpster dive in such a little country as Denmark?

hacknslash: Yeah inspiration is their laptop line, so I should say this:

If I didn't wanna mess with it, I just bought a Dell Dimension 2400 Desktop...

well, my handle is hacnslash no k, not to worry tho, it doesn't really matter. and fuck yeah you can dd!! why not?! i do it in a small town and ive got shitloads of stuff!!

if theres a dumpster (and no securety and stuff) theres a way.

thats the philosophies of PhreakBlaze, available for a limited time on hard and paper copies! :lol: BTW, cr4x, like hac said, newegg.com is the shiz! I would also recommend dumster diving while on vacation, or drive around if your really desperate...

or ride your bike around, its easier to push it behind a dumpster to ensure a fast getaway if spotted, and its not so suspicious as a car.

thats the philosophies of PhreakBlaze, available for a limited time on hard and paper copies! :lol: BTW, cr4x, like hac said, newegg.com is the shiz!  I would also recommend dumster diving while on vacation, or drive around if your really desperate...

For three one time easy payments of $19.99. Pay with Creditcard only.

Fine Print reads- Your creditcard information may be used to track you and send advertisments to you, there is no escape. You are not safe. See that van out front, yep, thats right.

add to the above:

remember that time you got out of the shower and you had that strange feeling of someone watching you?! yeah, i am a psycho, i watch naked ppl getting out of showers, how you ask?! why with their credit card information of course....MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adding more to the avobe:

Ya know that time you had the that nice bean burrito out on the table and you turned around to get a drink and turned back around and the burrito was gone, yes, thats right, exactly, now you got it.

YOU BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT THE BEAN BURITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, its all in the fine print.

I proberly wouldn't drive around since I am only 12 :P

Anyway I am living in the secound larges city in Demark (wich dosen't say very much...), but I am living outsite of town, actually it's nearly in the country, so I'll take a while for me to get there:(

The gaming comunity is pretty big here, but unfortunatly they sell there computers instead of throwing them away.

hacnslash: Sorry.

Y0ungBra1n: My name is Cr4X :P My brain is like Linux -- case sensitive.

aight, nice to see someone younger than me on the boards :P i'ze is 14 in october

Allright I know this is a stupid question but, what will happen if I install a broken piece of hardware, can it damage the other components...

If it matters it's some plugin card to add 2 xtra USB ports.