Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bland_inquisitor

what's in your box?

26 posts in this topic

Every one of us has a toolbox that we keep our odds and ends in. Here's where you post what's in yours. Maybe you have something thats uber-t-rad that the rest of us have never considered. Be proud of your gear, and share those contents!

Things "out of the ordinary" in my box:

1: Allen wrench set that have been modded via drill press to have holes in them to accept those propritary ones

2: processor wrench (more like a crowbar with teeth)

3: SHITLOADS of rg-6

rg-6?

is that some new type of ultra strong whitening toothpaste?

i don't have anything really out of the ordinary in my kit, just assorted wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, strippers, the pop rivet gun sounds like a nifty idea.

allways remember to carry a spare set of strippers around, you never know when you'll need a little t n' a :lol:

Well, I've got a rather cool exact-o knife. I cant find my strippers, so I have been stripping with an exact-o knife lately.

Dont take that the wrong way, by the way.

usualy all i ever need is a roll of duct tape and a sharpie.. course an arm to write on as well.

well i actully got a linesman toolbelt :P oh yeah austin i like your Avatar it's pretty k rad!

Various wrenches, screw drivers, can wrench w/ 22 AWG stripper and 5/32 hex security insert. drill and drill bits and 2 wire strippers

I like my hot glue gun. I've never used it for anything useful, but I like watching the glue come out...

this is not a flame, but you haven no idea how queerish that sounded. im sorry, i just had to say that....

It was meant to sound stupid...ya know, humor? I guess that sarcasm never really translates to a computer screen. But as for sounding queerish, that's all a matter of perception. Things are only as sick as you see them, no flame intented, bro.

no prob, i always have a tendency to see the funny, or things that seem funny to me.

anyway, gettin back ON the topic, the most useful thing i have in my toolbox ismy multimeter. i need to get a new one tho as it is not measuring resistance anymore...

Is that a digital multimeter? I know they look cool, but i've found that they're not as accurate...you know, margin of error.

no, its an analog (as in display....the needle moving and stuff...)

i am getting a digital though...hmm, maybe i should just get another analog one...

Those digital ones do look really 'l33t. I was tempted to buy one last time I was at the rat shack, but the analog ones are more accurate, and they cost less money.

well, this one is 4.99 on cyberguys.com so i dont really think you can get cheaper, but i'll look into it. thanks for the tip.

If it's only 5 bucks, buy it.

yeah, i am planning to buy a whole set of new cooling components (heatsink, fans, temp probes...) from that site, so i am saving money to buy them all at once so i can save on shipping, thats when im getting this thing too. Man, i really think shipping costs suck, for real, wouldn't it be great if there were no real shipping costs. there actually are no sites that dont charge shipping. if there's "free" shipping then the product costs more than on a site with shipping charges, so its the same. it pisses me off!!!

Have you ever checked out compgeeks.com? They have some pretty good stuff there.

yeah, i've checked them out before, always seems like i can get the same stuff cheaper on another site tho..........

and i cant pimp this site enough: newegg.com its great i got all my computer shit from there, down to my 50 foot cat5 cable, its really cheap and have great shipping too.

I'm gonna have to check that site out. compgeeks does kind of rape you on the shipping charges.

yeah, and i find that whenever i need something its out of stock...

one of my favourite tools is a translucent pen that with a blue light inside it, so you can write in the dark . its great for night time phreaking. i also have a mini telescope its not very useful but its fuckin coo.

My peephole reverser isn't in my toolbox, nor is it used for phreaking, but its a fun little toy to have. ;) Just don't get caught with it! :nono:

peephole reverser, i never would've imagined. whats the theory behind it? something to do with the shape of the lenses?

Dont have much.. but some of the more interesting things include:

a 3.5 foot long double edged long sword compleat with sceath.. For protection: Current local law states that if its in plain sight its not illegal to wear.

A multimeter.

Assorted electronics partd from old tv's and electronics.

I think I still have it:

A very old homebrew laser sight connected via alicater clips to for auditory output instead of visual... use that for other things sometimes.

misc tools I also use around the house

digital breadboard

"Cyber spy" hearing enhencment tool gotten off of the net for 2 bucks.

plenty of wires bolth iron and copper, basic wrenches, scre drivers, strippers, everything and anything you all got (not really) my toys (i.e. linemen and line testers) so on and so forth