Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
natas

Ex-AT&T Worker Tells Of NSA Op

5 posts in this topic

A whistleblower supporting an EFF lawsuit describes how an NSA visit to a key AT&T switching center allegedly led to the creation of a secret wiretap room, where all long distance and internet traffic was siphoned off to the government.

http://wired.com/news/technology/0,70619-0...l?tw=wn_index_1

Wow. I wonder if the "secret room" in it's San Francisco switching center, is the same San Francisco switching center Kevin Poulsen used to break into!

Update: Looks like it was but he didn't go to the AT&T floors because they're manned 24/7.

This is the juicyest story I've read in a while! I like it!!

While Im glad he got the story out, I dont think AT&T should be held accountable just as I shouldnt be held accountable if the NSA comes in, tells me to give them everything i know about everyone "or else". Its not profitable to stand up against the federal government, especially since allowing it cost them (monetarialy nothing (directly).

No, it's just at&t being a bunch of chickenshits too scared to stand up for their customers.

"known to be used particularly by government intelligence agencies because of its ability to sift through large amounts of data looking for preprogrammed targets."

god only knows who the targets are. :ATTN::ATTN:

"could be used to 'hack' into the AT&T network, compromising its integrity." heh, lets see them docs! :P

great article! i am in pheer land right now.