verbatim

Help me make mischief!

20 posts in this topic

Hi All, New here.

I am involved in “Scambaiting”. We waste the time and money of the crooks that send you all those annoying emails (mostly from Nigeria) that promise a fat slice of non existent millions left intestate or inform you of a huge lottery win!.... Strangely from a lotto that you never entered!

I need your help, at some point in the scam they try and get a phone number out of us (they seem to think that they can sweet talk us into sending them money to pay non existent legal fees). So far I have sent them numbers from the payphone project or pron chat lines.

http://www.payphone-project.com/

I want to build up a database of useless or expensive phone numbers that they can be given to phone. I have had a look around the site but there are just too many posts for me to check and I am not sure about the jargon.

What I need are numbers that : Ring forever, have funny/rude messages, are über expensive to call or anything that you may think would be appropriate. Please note: that : 'WE DO NOT INVOLVE INNOCENT THIRD PARTIES' so no Police stations or double glazing salesmen. Also could you please give a short description of what will happen when the number is rung.

Thanks for any help/numbers given. :)

i recently had an encounter with a scammer and what i did when they asked for a number is i gave them my k7 voicemail number in hopes that i would get their number.

i recently had an encounter with a scammer and what i did when they asked for a number is i gave them my k7 voicemail number in hopes that i would get their number.

Thanks twirlz, I know all that B) I'm looking for some new ideas for time wasting. :D Plus some of the smarter "Lads" are wising up to k7 and yac. I need some crafty input from you experts. <_<

^^^^

Booter, That's sweet. :D I have found a really good site for Free rejection calls.

Keep em' coming folks the more ideas the better.

60 Min. (News Show) 212-975-2006

ABC News: 212 456-7777

ABC's Good Morning America: 212 456-5900

All Things Considered (NPR): 202 414-2110

Associted Press: 212 621-1600 (NY)

202 776-9400 (Washington CD)

CBS Evening News: 212-975-3691

CBS This Morning: 212-975-2824

212-975-7133

212-975-2033

CNN: 404-827-1500\

404-681-6363>Atlanta

CNN Washington Bureau: 202-898-7900

202-898-7923

Fox News Channel: 212-301-3000

212-301-4229

Larry King Live: 202-898-7690

202-898-7686

MSNBC: 201-583-5000

201-583-5453 (Secaucus NJ)

New York Times: 212 556-1234

212 556-3690

Newsweek: 212 445-4000

NPR (National Public Radio): 202 414-2000

202 414-3329

PBS: 703-739-5000

703-739-0775 (Alexandria, VA)

US News and world Report : 202 955-2000

202 955-2049

Wall Street Journal: 212 416-2000

Washington Post: 202 334-6000

Edited by 10nix

Thanks 10nix, What happens when those numbers are phoned?

They look like they are live radio/TV broardcasts or news desks?

Those are the newsdesks or the main line for the offices.

Ok. Don't think I can use them tho! Like I said innocent third parties are off limits.

Does anyone have numbers that ring and no one will ever answer or numbers that are always engaged?

Edited by verbatim

There was a very old post (which I can't find right now) that had several DID numbers for FreeWorldDialup that were not in Seattle. There were several area codes to choose from. 360 was not the only one. I will search for it, but it might take a while. Maybe someone else knows what I am talking about.

419eater actually suggests using K7 and IPKall, but you should really diversify if you are scambaiting.

I'll get back to you.

*Edit*

You could give out one of these access numbers:

http://www.libretel.com/access.html

http://www-bcl.cs.may.ie/~bap/fwd/clearpath.html

http://fwd.1888usa.com/voip_phone.htm

and then give your FWD number as an extension. They *might* fall for it, but use common sense.

Edited by m2mike

Cheers m2mike, I'm from Eater. ;)

Like I say, I want to build a database of some new numbers that we can give to the lads. I have noticed lately that they are catching on to answer phones and the like. I have copied some of the numbers from the lists provided above and will be using the ones that look any good.

Numbers that look like "Normal" land-line numbers from the US or UK would be great, Mobile numbers would be priceless.

Thanks for the help.

Fast...Thanks. :voteyes:

Edited by verbatim

I'd love to add the number of a telemarketer who calls my cell phone 3 times a day and hangs up on me. The fees they'd have to pay from a call from Nigeria on their 877 number would make me so happy! But I guess they count as an "innocent" third party. :(

I'd love to add the number of a telemarketer who calls my cell phone 3 times a day and hangs up on me.  The fees they'd have to pay from a call from Nigeria on their 877 number would make me so happy!  But I guess they count as an "innocent" third party.  :(

not to ruin your fun, but I don't believe that they'd pay any fees on a call from Nigeria other than their usual per-minute charges.

I'd love to add the number of a telemarketer who calls my cell phone 3 times a day and hangs up on me.  The fees they'd have to pay from a call from Nigeria on their 877 number would make me so happy!  But I guess they count as an "innocent" third party.  :(

not to ruin your fun, but I don't believe that they'd pay any fees on a call from Nigeria other than their usual per-minute charges.

No, they would, BUT, it would be impossible for someone in Nigeria to call a toll free US number.

it would be impossible for someone in Nigeria to call a toll free US number.

Why is it that so ? I see no problems at all in calling tool free US number from Nigeria or any other country. Certainly voip calls might be free of charge, otherwise you'll pay as a regular call to USA.

BTW: There is an article about Nigeria & spit

http://news.scotsman.com/scitech.cfm?id=544332006

"One Nigerian was on the phone and saying he was in a serious jam and needed money. I played along for a short while and asked where I should send the money to. He said: 'No, no. Just give me your bank details!' 'Yeah right,' I thought.

Hi All, New here.

I am involved in “Scambaiting”. We waste the time and money of the crooks that send you all those annoying emails (mostly from Nigeria) that promise a fat slice of non existent millions left intestate or inform you of a huge lottery win!.... Strangely from a lotto that you never entered! 

I need your help,  at some point in the scam they try and get a phone number out of us (they seem to think that they can sweet talk us into sending them money to pay non existent legal fees). So far I have sent them numbers from the payphone project or pron chat lines.

http://www.payphone-project.com/

I want to build up a database of useless or expensive phone numbers that they can be given to phone. I have had a look around the site but there are just too many posts for me to check and I am not sure about the jargon.

What I need are  numbers that :  Ring forever,  have funny/rude messages,  are über expensive to call  or anything that you may think would be appropriate. Please note: that :  'WE DO NOT INVOLVE INNOCENT THIRD PARTIES' so no Police stations or double glazing salesmen. Also could you please give a short description of what will happen when the number is rung.

Thanks for any help/numbers given.  :)

IM still waiting for my million euros :(

dammit

First off, Huge thanks for your interest and input. :voteyes:

I've got a little something you might like to have some fun with. It's a fake charity site, some of us have been having fun with this for a few days now and they have been forced to take down their guest book. So the only way to contact them is by mailing them.

http://www.the-childrens.org/

Once you have stopped laughing at the crappyness of the site check it out for yourselves, and when you are as convinced as us that it is fake! feel free too do your worst. ( I know some here get a major boot out of modifiying sites) :D

Cheers again.

Edited by verbatim

916.445.2864- ofice of Gov. Arnold Shwarzenegar heh