Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JavaKrypt

not able to download at school help!!!

9 posts in this topic

I need to know how to find the admin without having to download a prgm. or is there a way around this problem. Can i download something to another place. Have you heard of any kind of off-site download progm that u can run off the internet instead of downloading it to the harddrive. THX?!?!?!

I guess geotrace or whatever people use nowadays would work. Google Maps could work too, but have you looked around the server room/closet? Admins are often found there.

Ha! I kill me.

Seriously though, have you tried using a thumbdrive? That is your best bet.

This explains soooo much...

Anyway, yes, you can reset admin passwords, but you'll have to at least reboot off some not-internal-medium with either a resetting util or something to grab the SAM file. Cracking a SAM file takes a while, though.

Like RightCoast mentioned, it's probably better to get a small external hard disk or USB flash disk, and download what you want, then take it with you.. Schools get mad if you steal the admin's password.

Why download stuff at school anyway?

I need to know how to find the admin without having to download a prgm. or is there a way around this problem. Can i download something to another place. Have you heard of any kind of off-site download progm that u can run off the internet instead of downloading it to the harddrive.  THX?!?!?!

Use backtrack to dump the sam hashes into a file, then send those hash files to plain-text for cracking. I had a pretty complex one and it cracked it in 29 minutes.

Here's a whole tutorial provided from google!

Props to irongeek for the video.

http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/backtrackplaintext

This of course won't do you any good if you're on a domain.

And yes, get a thumbdrive, they're friggin cheap.

I need to know how to find the admin without having to download a prgm. or is there a way around this problem. Can i download something to another place. Have you heard of any kind of off-site download progm that u can run off the internet instead of downloading it to the harddrive.  THX?!?!?!

Use backtrack to dump the sam hashes into a file, then send those hash files to plain-text for cracking. I had a pretty complex one and it cracked it in 29 minutes.

Here's a whole tutorial provided from google!

Props to irongeek for the video.

http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/backtrackplaintext

This of course won't do you any good if you're on a domain.

And yes, get a thumbdrive, they're friggin cheap.

does anyone know of any entirely free off-site storage???

uploading.com

megaupload.com

sendspace.com

rapidshare.se

uploading.com

megaupload.com

sendspace.com

rapidshare.se

all that lets u do is upload i need a website that has a virtual storage facility that i can just run a program off of it.

This is a bit off topic from where this is going but, how is the school blocking you. Is there software on the computer blocking you or dose the network have a URL/domain name fliter. Back when I was able to get on the computers at school. These are the two things I did in order to bypass the network / blocker

1.) I used a proxy server, this idea sucks really unless you can setup your own proxy server like I did at home.

2.) If you use windows at home and have cable, DSL or other high bandwidth connection why not use RDP or if you use another OS VNC or FreeNX and just do everything everything at home at school, and the other good thing is you have your work in one place.

At my school they used a URL/domain name fliter. The other thing is, is your school's network setup as a domain or a workgroup? If it is setup as a domain then just use another log name that has administrator rights. another option is boot into knoppix and change the wallpaper to look like windows. LOL Knoppix is looking like windows now, adless in the window frame area.

I have hundreds of ways to bypass computer software/hardware IF I have physical access to them. If those ideas I listed above don`t help then, I have alot more. I personal think that download what you want from a different source is not a very good plan, And hacking the SAM file well, the best thing to use is 'Offline NT Password changer' and don`t waste your time trying to crack something that stupid.

-lowlevelup