Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
diverter

Portable Skype on IPod

6 posts in this topic

I know many of you aren't fans of skype, however I thought this was a pretty interesting article. I don't have an IPod though, so I haven't tried it.

[url="http://forums.makezine.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=252&page=1"]http://forums.makezine.com/comments.php?Di...onID=252&page=1[/url]

As I understand it, you don't need to have admin privs to put Skype on a box. Meaning you could be sitting a library or something with your IPod.

[quote name='diverter' date='Mar 25 2006, 09:20 PM']As I understand it, you don't need to have admin privs to put Skype on a box. Meaning you could be sitting a library or something with your IPod.
[right][snapback]176703[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Seeing that the iPod doubles as a USB mass storage device you can also carry programs and set them up onto school or work computers. (If they don't allow downloading)

[quote name='monolith' date='Mar 27 2006, 06:06 PM'][quote name='diverter' date='Mar 25 2006, 09:20 PM']As I understand it, you don't need to have admin privs to put Skype on a box. Meaning you could be sitting a library or something with your IPod.
[/quote]

Seeing that the iPod doubles as a USB mass storage device you can also carry programs and set them up onto school or work computers. (If they don't allow downloading)
[right][snapback]176964[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Does that mean one could do the same thing described in that article with Skype on a USB?

[quote name='diverter' date='Mar 27 2006, 08:54 PM'][quote name='monolith' date='Mar 27 2006, 06:06 PM'][quote name='diverter' date='Mar 25 2006, 09:20 PM']As I understand it, you don't need to have admin privs to put Skype on a box. Meaning you could be sitting a library or something with your IPod.
[/quote]

[right][snapback]176964[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Does that mean one could do the same thing described in that article with Skype on a USB?
[right][snapback]176983[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes