Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
m3747r0n

Kororaa XGL

7 posts in this topic

never used the live cd always used the installl cd though and kororaa is nice if you don't want to sit and compile

The LiveCD was nice to see if it would actually work on my setup, not really all that usefull after that. Gave it to a coworker who had the same specs as my system and it didn't work for him (weird), so I saved him a rather frustrating weekend.

I've installed xgl using Suse 10.1 but that gave me problems with the video-overlay (no TVcard and no full screen video), tried Ubuntu 6.x release 5 but the performance was crap. So now I'm installing it with Gentoo.. should be done in another day or two :)

I haven't tried the live cd, but my current gentoo install was installed with Kororaa. Installing gentoo the normal way was educational the first time, after that it was just a hassle, and Kororaa made the process so much faster and I didn't have to pay so much attention to it. Its nice, although I think Gentoo now has a graphical installer of its own, no? I didn't even know they had a live cd, I'll have to check it out.

I haven't tried the live cd, but my current gentoo install was installed with Kororaa.  Installing gentoo the normal way was educational the first time, after that it was just a hassle, and Kororaa made the process so much faster and I didn't have to pay so much attention to it.  Its nice, although I think Gentoo now has a graphical installer of its own, no?  I didn't even know they had a live cd, I'll have to check it out.

Yeah, I tried the 2006.0 CD with the installer (which I do believe is made by Kororaa) and it kept crashing when I tried installing a complete (i.e. office, firefox, mediaplayers etc..) system, so I had to do a minimal install and do the rest the old fashion way.

I had watched a video of the XGL and thought it was pretty fantastic...didn't know a distro had it incorporated already. Until I read this thread...

20 minutes later I have Kororaa running on my system and WOW this is pretty fantastic. It's about the same as ubuntu application wise...but this xgl is just...so pretty. It's more eye-candy than true utility...but its pretty neat. I'll be showing the guys in the office on monday...

umm 2006.0 installer is made by Gentoo not kororaa. since they are different big time