Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
temp123

JackTheRipper

13 posts in this topic

A friend told me about a program called "jacktheripper" its brute forces logins i think.. but not sure.

many thanks!

It's called John the Ripper. One quick Google away.

yeah, i hate it when google gives me shit. but you have to learn how to take control and slap a bitch every now and then. straighten googles ho-ass right up :P but yeah, its john the ripper. may i ask what kind of login you are trying to brute force?

and you cant just bruteforce the logon menu.. you have to obtain the hash first.

right?

Does anyone use any other search engines besides Google?

I find Kartoo brings up alot of different info plus it displays the results on a map thats interesting.

http://www.kartoo.com

Happy Friday :)

we're so going to hijack this thread.

2 more of my favorite search engines.

a9.com

blingo.com

so what if they are google powered .. bling gives prizes out, does google do that? I didnt think so.

Yeah, you do need to obtain the hash first. If you wanted something to brute force something, like a login on a website, there is Hydra for Linux and Brutus (I think that is the name) on Windows....that's kinda lame though...oh well, whatever.

I thought john the ripper was going to be easy, but there is so much involved with getting it to work. Someone like me can't use it :-/

i can use other things like access diver and c-force... thats all ive tried though

I thought john the ripper was going to be easy, but there is so much involved with getting it to work.  Someone like me can't use it :-/

i can use other things like access diver and c-force... thats all ive tried though

JTR can be intimidating to someone who doesn't know how to use it. It's really not that hard and if you read the help file (I think there's one) and check some docs on google (or your other favorite search engine...) I'm sure you can figure it out. Don't give up on it, lots of things in the "hacking" world are really damn hard and you have to put some serious work in to it to learn. But when you finally figure it out you are smarter and feel somewhat accomplished. Keep at it.