Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StankDawg

New 2600 out

44 posts in this topic

I just saw on 2600.com that they list the new issue. Hopefully, I will get it in a week or two. :( damn free subscriptions...

woot nice, that means my will be here in couple of Days

nice the cover looks pretty cool. Thanks for the info

Ahh what kind of teasing is that. I click on Details for the Summer 2003 2600 issue so that I can see if my article got printed and it directs me to their store. :pissed: :pissed:

usually they wait a little while and then they put the details up = )

See if I go to the store and find out it's on shelves BEFORE I get mine, that's just not right. Subscribers should get it first regardless if you ask me...hell, we already don't get a discount for subscribing, we should get something.

dangit, my parents would shoot me if they saw a 2.6k in my mailbox!!! BUt i wanna get 2.6k sooo bad!!! :cry:

My mom found my collection of 2600, but she forgot about it in like two days. I go to B&N and buy it while they are there. The last issue has been sitting in plane sight in my room, they don't notice, but if it came in the mail, i'd be in almost deep shit (like knee deep, not waist)

Hey I just picked up a copy of the Summer Issue of 2600. (The clerk told me that they had arrived about an hour before i was there. Good Timing I guess ^_^ )

Alright so here's the titles of the Articles

Disrespecting the Law

Roll Your Own ISS Intrusion Detection System

Traversing the Corporate Firewall

Staying Anonymous in the Information Age by Lucky225

Hardware Key Logging

Peeling Grapes (About Mapping websites)

Microphones, Laptops and Supertaps

Optimum Online and You (By Screamer .. Congrats!!)

CyberCafe Software Security

A Coupon Trick

Hacking the Look (About windows GUI)

Hosting an FTP server on Cable/DSL routers (what is this the 4th article on this subject)

McWireless Exposed (Yes this is my article!!!)

802.11b Reception Tricks

Distributed Reflective Denial of Service Attacks (uh oh)

Fun with the Nokia 3360/3361

Why Redboxing Still Works (sorta)

Also there's a nice ad for BinRev in the marketplace section.

So far there a two secrets in the issue that I can find. I'll keep them to myself for a while.

B)

To the people worried about parents: Just have them read an issue. If they've retained any sanity during the corporate maturation process they should realize that there's nothing in there that a younger person shouldn't be reading.

And damn that's a cool cover!

grrr...they hit the stores before they hit my mailbox. WTF!?!?! I already pay more than it costs to buy from friggin barnes and noble

You know that 2600 has the magazine complete for a while before they even start shipping them to store.

At last years h2k2 (2nd week of july) which was they had tons of issues of the Summer 02 2600 at the con. But they only showed up at stores at the end of month. And subscribers got them like the 1st week of August; like a month later.

And I agree with paracord, if you take your parents eyes away from the title "The hacker quarterly" and show them the content.. it should be alright. :ninja:

congrats to epiphany and screamer on their articles! Epiphany, I told you that was a shoo-in! ;) Great first article! Screamer is on a pretty good roll himself!

I hope the ad generates some BinRev sales. I sent the email directly to emmanuel, so I didnt know if he got it or not.

::scratches head:: i still dont understand why parents get so angry with that magazine. My mom and dad pick up the mail, if the magazine arive they go up to me and day "Your hacking magazine is here". Mabye some parents are more strict then others.

Thanks for the heads up about my article.

My folks really dont have much control over my life, but they still think it's cool their son is published in a magazine you can get at B&N :)

of the 2600 site, the news

Of the 2600 Site

The summer 2003 edition of 2600 is now out. It was mailed to subscribers on Wednesday, July 23 and should be showing up in bookstores soon. You can order a copy online at our online store.

They just recently send the magazine to the subscribers so i might get my in 1 week or so, mabye 2 (i am in canada)

Ya i think subscribers should get them earlier

Mabye some parents are more strict then others.

Yep, right here, strict. Today i went to the B&N and they still had like 12 copys of the old one out, i was surprised. they usualy sell out before the new one is even close to comeing out!

dang, i don't even have a B&N aroung here!!! No bookstores for 20 miles!!! But, ill check... 2.6k sound/looks so tight, i HAVE to get it no matter what!!!

Hey, can i download the articles, or get like an E-Mag of 2.6k?

So me and bland are now official writers...

...and I still aint got m'god damn shell account lol

So me and bland are now official writers...

...and I still aint got m'god damn shell account lol

i didnt get my @2600 or my shell... but now ive evolved... i have a shell on duals box and an @binrev

:lol:

Heh, parents

All my life my parents have been saying "when you're 18 and move out of the house you can do whatever you want"

Well, basically to spite them, I just turned 18 recently (and am leaving for college in 3 weeks)... so I dyed my hair bright red

damn the man!