Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Octal

IP

9 posts in this topic

How do I get a persons IP? A while ago you could use road runner, or DSL to get an IP, but something happened, causing them to stop putting that up. But can you please explain to me how to get a persons IP? Thanks.

There are a number of ways you could go about getting someones IP. You need to be more specific about what you mean by "someones IP". It depends whether you are browsing their site, chatting with them, emailing them etc.

I'm doing a NetBios hack if that helps at all. I'm refering to the IP of the computer network. I answered your question as best as I could. I hope it helps.

I know that you are refering to the IP of the network..what else would you be refering to xD. What I'm saying is there isn't a certain way to obtain a IP. And...if you are doing a "NetBIOS Hack" then you should already know the person's IP. First of all.. do you know what NetBIOS even is? :P

NetBios stands for Network Basic Input Output Syestem. It is Microsoft's answer to the problem of file and print sharing (F/P sharing).

When I said I was doing a netbios hack, I thought it might help for finding an IP.

When you're doing this netbios "hack" most of the time (if not all) you'll need the IP address of the other persons computer.

If you want to find it send said person a file on MSN messenger and while it's being uploaded start -> run -> netstat -n. Depending on how many things you're connected to you'll have to weed out the other IP addresses to find the said person's IP. I also know there are tons of skiddy IP "stealers".

Or you could make a web server and log whoever accesses it.

Edited by trem

When ever I open up Netstat -n, the file closes before I can understand what is there. It blinks open and then closes. Is this because the file is blocked?

When ever I open up Netstat -n, the file closes before I can understand what is there. It blinks open and then closes. Is this because the file is blocked?

My bad, type cmd then netstat -n. For some reason windows likes to run things then close it once it's done.

Edited by trem