Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koharski

Free domains for you!

22 posts in this topic

made a lengthy post on my unfinished blog, but the main idea is that buy.com made a mistake, and so you can get free domains.

read about it here.

off topic: but could you guys report how the site looks at the resolution your using and browser? It looks best in 1152x864 with firefox.

made a lengthy post on my unfinished blog, but the main idea is that buy.com made a mistake, and so you can get free domains.

read about it here.

off topic:  but could you guys report how the site looks at the resolution your using and browser? It looks best in 1152x864 with firefox.

It looks OK

gave it a go, will wait and see if the coupon comes in ;)

after the whole folgers deal, im scared to accept anything for free...

It took a day for my coupon to come in. well, I did it at 5pm yesterday and it was in my inbox when I woke up. Now it's going to take another 25 hours to set up forwarding too.

and you get hosting, as well.

The site looks good and that is a good find about the free domain.

yea, site looks good, and very nice, just did the checkout for my free domain, dont know what im gonna register. hopefully not another totalyowned site huh?

i just did this, and unfortunatly its only free for a year, still...

dark, you get your code yet, me and majestic are still waiting.

I got a letter saying the order went through, but no letter for the coupon code yet. :blink:

i havent gotten the code yet, im still waiting on it. i got the confirmation code but thats about it. i just read the fine print. it might take a week to get the actual code.

read about it here.

off topic:  but could you guys report how the site looks at the resolution your using and browser? It looks best in 1152x864 with firefox.

Looks like they fixed it, I got a message saying 'You must purchase at least $0.79 worth of qualifying products to redeem this coupon.'

Which is odd because the offer says 'with any Buy.com purchase' not 'qualifying products.

:pirate:

Hmmm, I haven't got a email saying that I must purchase something. I haven't got a email for the promo code either though. I just did this 2 days ago though, so it might still be a few days.

Hmmm, I haven't got a email saying that I must purchase something. I haven't got a email for the promo code either though. I just did this 2 days ago though, so it might still be a few days.

Same, but I did this Friday or Saturday. No wrong purchase, but no coupon :/

bah, I posted this too late. From reports I've gotten everyone who registered for their domain on thursday got it, and about half of the people who did it on froday got a code. Sometime friday they disabled promo codes from being sent out and now you have to purchase stuff. Sorry for the late post guys, too bad it didn't last longer.

bah, I posted this too late. From reports I've gotten everyone who registered for their domain on thursday got it, and about half of the people who did it on froday got a code. Sometime friday they disabled promo codes from being sent out and now you have to purchase stuff. Sorry for the late post guys, too bad it didn't last longer.

Damn, I was really looking for that free domain.

i registered the thing, but have no use for it. so... if anyone wants a free domain, PM me and shit. i wont give it to somone his gunna use it for some dumb shit to, has to be a real website.

i registered the thing, but have no use for it.  so... if anyone wants a free domain, PM me and shit.  i wont give it to somone his gunna use it for some dumb shit to, has to be a real website.

The site looks fine and loads for me on this old piece of junk. Win98 with Opera.

You did however murder the english language within one paragraph!

Seeing as the offer requires you to spend 79c, and domains normally cost quite a bit more than that, I figured I'd give it a go. Found a music download for 79c that didn't look too dreadful, and tried to buy it. Guess what it comes up with...

The item was not added to your basket.

Please note: You must be on a Windows Operating System using Internet Explorer version 5.0 or higher to download music. See all system requirements.

Guess that means I'm never going to be able to buy anything from them, since the only Windows machine I ever use is my work one, and there I refuse to run IE...

Ahhh, I missed it. Now they require you to buy something from their site for 79cents, but for some reason they don't let me buy because I'm in Canada. When I enter my billing information they don't let me select a Canadian province. Is anyone so generous as to give me a code? It would be very much appreciated. :)

How will Amazon only shipping to Canada help me get one of those promotional codes?