Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fiend

Call me stupid but...

18 posts in this topic

c1.bat

@echo off
shutdown -r -t 25 -c "God Hates You"

I placed that little fucker in the startup folder.

Testing out my malicious batchfile on my own computer I execute the program and sure enough my computer restarts... he he he that was funny...

Now it loads up windows... or does it? ...

"LSASS.DLL is denying access to a program."

And I have to restart my computer.

I can't even get to the damn login screen! And Yes, I did boot into safe mode...

lsass.dll hates me.

OK, so what the hell do I do? I need something to access the NTFS partition and delete that damn batchfile without loading windows.

NO I'M NOT RE-FORMATTING MY HARDDRIVE, I HAVE NO BACK-UPS!

you can use something as simple as a win98 boot disk, with another disk with ntfs dos on it. to something as cool as a barts pe disk.

Go use the "Recovery Console" in your WinXP install disk. It'll give you access to your files and let you delete the batch file.

Go use the "Recovery Console" in your WinXP install disk. It'll give you access to your files and let you delete the batch file.

or if you have a second computer ( i assume you due from the post) you could always just put the hard drive into the other comptuer, delete it, move the hard drive back. Or you could allways just get a bootable linux distro, such as backtrack, which allows you to mount the ntfs partition and then delete the *.bat file.

or if you have a second computer ( i assume you due from the post) you could always just put the hard drive into the other comptuer, delete it, move the hard drive back. Or you could allways just get a bootable linux distro, such as backtrack, which allows you to mount the ntfs partition and then delete the *.bat file.

Linux is the easiest way IMO... anything will work, but if you want something really small you can boot off a USB, try Damn Small Linux, I'm pretty sure it has a kernel module for accessing NTFS partitions... but I'm not entirely sure...

ya.. umm.. never , EVER use linux to write to ntfs .. ever. period. :blink:

winPE though, that's where it is at :)

I used a modified version of a Windows Boot disk and deleted the batch file... unfortuantly that wasn't the problem.

I ended up putting my harddrive on my dad's computer and backed up my files onto his harddrive. Then I formated my drive and re-installed Windows XP.

Thanks for your help.

It is totally reasonable to remove that file using Knoppix or some other liveCD. BTW, thats a crazy assed thing you attempted, next time you wanna do something crazy like that just go here:

www.vmware.com

Create a winXP image inside of VMWare, that way you can beat the crap out of it, but you can clone and restore the VMImage anytime you want. It's great for developing rootkits, etc. where the risk of blue screen is high.

JS

or if you have a second computer ( i assume you due from the post) you could always just put the hard drive into the other comptuer, delete it, move the hard drive back.

Since that would work? WTF man?

or if you have a second computer ( i assume you due from the post) you could always just put the hard drive into the other comptuer, delete it, move the hard drive back.

Yes, it would. He means he'll slave the hard drive--i.e., he will boot off of the hard drive already in the second computer and run the messed-up hard drive along side.

what about "Ultimate bootdisk" I believe I used that last time I had a problem like such.

there are many possible solutions, I'd go for a bootable disk, but choose whatever suit ya. :)

Yes, it would. He means he'll slave the hard drive--i.e., he will boot off of the hard drive already in the second computer and run the messed-up hard drive along side.

Ah, I missed that one.

selective startup, bootdisk, etc, etc.... damn, so many many options.... you could have found this in 30 seconds on google....

If I were you I would focus on the thought of "what will happen if i do this" and "if this happens, how will I remedy it" before I do the original thing....

P.S. Why did you write a malicios batch file to shutdown your computer every 25 seconds and put it in your startup folder?

used computers = test machine

everyday computer = coding NOT test machine

first read this:

DSC00146.JPG

then do this:

DSC00132.JPG

and you should be good to go.

Knoppix works fine for me. For NTFS I used a program called "captive NTFS." I didn't use it to delete stuff though, I used it to back some stuff up; write stuff to the NTFS drive. I did fuck the drive to the point of not booting, but then I used the XP repair CD and all was well.

i would like to take the time to say what everyone else is thinking- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! -just kidding. that is kinda funny though, you gotta admit.

writing to ntfs is safe now in linux, especially when using captive...

Never ever ever ever test out anything on your own computer. Cuz then it takes away from your learning time.