fragtastic06

site's been hacked?

9 posts in this topic

is the bin rev meeting's site hacked? i visited the site from the new site update on binrev.com and it was hacked... any leads?

-fragtastic06

Yes, zer0db and I have been working on this site all week, so it is not very stable at the moment. It was a very simple defacement that used an exploit in the CMS system that we are in the process of replacing. Talk about great timing on their part! Another day or two and it would have been gone! :)

Anyway, it was an easy fix for the short term and we are working on getting everyone to take better care of their sites in the future as well. Thank to everyone for letting us know about this so we could fix it. And thanks to the defacers for backing up and NOT DELETING any of the files. ;)

yea couple of e107 sites has been hit lately, and no problem Stank about telling you guys about it

Edited by kitche

I wish you guys had emailed me about this. I had updated e107 thanks to some intrepid people from irc but I found that e107's developers are slow on their ass to do anything to really fix the issues that they knew about.

Now 561 is still down and I'm unable to access the cpanel to change anything, not a terribly good way to change things up and not tell the admin.

well they don't really have to tell you about taking the site down really, that's why it's always good to have a backup plan