invision620

Test number search

78 posts in this topic

412: 975 ANAC
412: 211 Plays back your number in DTMF

Update: Both of the above also work in area code 724, which makes sense, since area codes 412 and 724 are both in LATA 234. Edited by JmanA9

Okay, does anyone know the current ringback or ANI numbers in 716? I've seen plenty of sources that list them as 511 or 990 for ANAC, and 981-xxxx for ringback. None of these work for me from 716. I note that all the sources I've seen don't mention the 585 area code that split from 716 back sometime about 5 years ago. So I know they are pretty old. The telcodata.us site lists both 981 and 990 as regular phone exchanges in 716 at the present time.

Incidentally (and off this topic I realize), I attended a ham meeting where someone from the phone company was the speaker discussing the area code split right before it happened. I was surprised to learn that the split had to be done geographically, and not by exchange. Not sure who made the rule, but the phone company was not allowed to just say one exchange is in the old 716 area code and another is in 585. Some exchanges had to be split based on geography, so that for these exchanges some of the numbers are in 716 and others are in 585. Which seems like it would be a big hassle for them.

pppphrank

[Edit]
I found these myself by experimenting. For 716 Buffalo:
ANAC 958-0110
Ringback 959-xxxx

pppphrank Edited by pppphrank

Anyone have any idea what this is testing for? It returns a loud noise which seems to respond to your own audio.

757-484-9987

pppphrank

432-304-3333
325-303-3333
Test numbers for NPA 432 and 325.

540-829-9910
Test number. Edited by t3st.s3t

[quote name='t3st.s3t' post='262704' date='Jun 9 2007, 08:02 AM']978-772-9404

ISDN test number. Silence then static.[/quote]

Sounds like a radio tuned to a news station with poor reception to me

[quote name='K5DECO' post='262866' date='Jun 9 2007, 10:54 PM']you guys found this from hand scans right?[/quote]

I find most numbers from hand scans. Sometimes I use a war dialer.

[quote name='dual' post='249993' date='Apr 9 2007, 05:35 PM']505:957-XXXX ANAC[/quote]

wow its back? (not accessible from t-mob) 957-6741 was a ringback it for a while back around 2000.

hows the land of hot?!?

ic0n and I have added some test numbers for all Ohio area codes over at [url="http://ohio.phreaksandgeeks.com/"]Ohio Phreaks[/url] site.

I don't have any test numbers to contriube but I might have a way of getting them. The other day, I tried to SE test numbers out of a verizon employee during a call to (212) 395-2121, which is Verizon's executive office, I believe. I came across it using 800GOOG411 (which blocks your ANI, and displays your CID as 8004664411. Also, the executive office is the first listing when you search for Verizon communications in NY, NY). When the operator picked up the phone, I asked for her to read back my ANI and CID, and then explained that the reason that I was calling was because I was an outside tech who had not been supplied any test numbers, and instead I had to call this number to read back my ANI and CID. She didn't know what a test number was, so I explained that to her. Then, I asked if she could supply me with some test numbers. She then told me that she did a search for test numbers on her computer, and she said that it is asking for an NPA. I didn't know any of New York's NPA's, so I hesitated and then, she transfers me to some other department who actually knew what they were talking about, and they asked me for a whole bunch of information that verizon outside techs have, and I got too nervous and hung up. But I'm sure a better SE'er could do much better. Good luck to anyone who tries.

[quote name='samo' post='273199' date='Aug 3 2007, 06:27 PM']I don't have any test numbers to contriube but I might have a way of getting them. The other day, I tried to SE test numbers out of a verizon employee during a call to (212) 395-2121, which is Verizon's executive office, I believe. I came across it using 800GOOG411 (which blocks your ANI, and displays your CID as 8004664411. Also, the executive office is the first listing when you search for Verizon communications in NY, NY). When the operator picked up the phone, I asked for her to read back my ANI and CID, and then explained that the reason that I was calling was because I was an outside tech who had not been supplied any test numbers, and instead I had to call this number to read back my ANI and CID. She didn't know what a test number was, so I explained that to her. Then, I asked if she could supply me with some test numbers. She then told me that she did a search for test numbers on her computer, and she said that it is asking for an NPA. I didn't know any of New York's NPA's, so I hesitated and then, she transfers me to some other department who actually knew what they were talking about, and they asked me for a whole bunch of information that verizon outside techs have, and I got too nervous and hung up. But I'm sure a better SE'er could do much better. Good luck to anyone who tries.[/quote]

Do you remember anything they asked? That sounds like a fun little experiment for me to try :D

I was calling the verizon executive office, so the person who answered the phone there had no idea what I was talking about, so she didn't ask anything. Hell, I bet you could make up stuff to tell her. Also, if you're going to do this, a good way to start the conversation is with a "Hello, I'm not sure if I'm calling the right place for this, but I was wondering..." The whole "I'm not sure if im calling the right place for this" always has helped for me.
Also, I'm sure that this would work with any telco.

[quote name='ThoughtPhreaker' post='250081' date='Apr 9 2007, 10:23 PM']434 - (Central Telephone/Embarq territory)

118 - ANAC
114 - DTMF ANAC
112 - Shorted line test[/quote]

Thanks - next time I'm in Embarq territory I might use those :)

Sadly, they've changed the ANAC here in Contel/GTE/VZ territory. It used to be 211. But now 211 and most of the N11 codes are assigned. 211, 411, 511, 711 and of course 911 are now assigned. 311 will soon be assigned (non-emergency version of 911), as will 811 (Miss Utility). 611 used to be repair service in old C&P/BA/VZ territory, but they've moved that to a 800 number.

Just haven't found out what the new ANAC is. I think its a 7 digit number now.

First, does anybody have ANAC or DATU numbers for NPA 414 or 262?

Second, Here is a neat find:

[url="https://clec.att.com"]https://clec.att.com[/url]

(Requires Internet Explorer to work properly)

Left side menu...go to the CLEC handbook...then the last choice is something like forms (I forget) then go to Other and then there is a link to Test Number Directory.

It has a whole bunch of the individual Milliwatt test numbers for the various exchanges.

TeleTech, that site is awesome. There's also [url="https://clec.att.com/clec_documents//unrestr/hb/amer/1820//ACMSI%20-%20Test%20Numbers.xls"]https://clec.att.com/clec_documents//unrest...t%20Numbers.xls[/url] . Also, I wonder what is in the "secure area"....

Samo:

I forgot about that one. I Googled and found:

[i]Ameritech Centrex Message Signal Interface (ACMSI): Provides for the delivery of valueable voice mail information, such as a called number, via a datalink, to the customer's provided voice mail system-ensuring the incoming call is sent to the proper voice mail box.[/i]

I don't know much more than that. Edited by TeleTech

[quote name='dmine45' post='286433' date='Oct 30 2007, 08:53 PM']Thanks - next time I'm in Embarq territory I might use those :)[/quote]

The next time you're around Embarq territory, give these a try, too;

959-9003 - Caller-ID name readback
959-9101 - Embarq Privacy-ID service (you can play around with it a bit, and get it to ring you back if you hang up quick enough, or have call waiting)
959-9100 - Trunk noise testing equipment? Blasts loud tones in your ear, each one higher-pitched then the last until it reaches 3100 hz.

It's worth mentioning that while 959 and any last four digits is something that's exclusive to Centel Virginia, these will all route you to your nearest Sprint tandem office to administer the test. It's not like the AT&T numbers, though, where you can call them from anywhere if you have AT&T long distance service, though; I think you have to be specifically calling from an Embarq switch directly to the tandem, meaning you can't do it through a calling card or anything, even if the calling card platform is routing straight to a Sprint tandem you

EDIT: Corrected numbers
EDIT (again): Interestingly enough, the Caller-ID shows up as
SPRINT,PRIVACT
1-434-959-9001
when the Privacy-ID machine rings you back. Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

There is a type of test number listed in the test line directory that Teletech posted (https://ebiznet.att.com/testline/) called TL105AutoTrans. They answer with a high/mid tone, and respond to DTMF. Its hard to describe exactly how it responds. All I know for certain is that if you hit ###000, a strange ruffling noise plays, and hitting 1234 results in three short tones, with the first one being the longest. I was really just wondering what the heck it actually does.

[b]samo[/b]:

Look around where you found the list of numbers for the document "Description of Test Lines."

What you asked about is described there under "105-type (local and toll)."

[b]P. S.[/b]
Did anybody come up with any ANAC numbers for 414/262? The stuff posted around the net (330-2234, 958 by itself, 958-2234, etc.) is obsolete.