spectacle

Text files

8 posts in this topic

I've been reading some of text files on textfiles.com. Currently I'm reading the guide to mostly harmless hacking but I wonder if some of the information is out dated?

Does anybody happen to know for sure what's still good on there for a noob to read? Any help would be most appreciated.

A noob should read everything he gets his/her hands on. We should all do this because we are all noobs.

Some (Most) of the content on textfiles.com is dated. There are however, archives of hacker 'zines' that contain newer information.

The idea is to keep reading, know your roots.

textfiles.com isn't really meant to be a place to find the newest and best textfiles. It is a library and should be regarded as such.

What are some better places to find (new) textfiles besides textfiles.com and docdroppers?

I know OldSkoolPhreak and PhreaksAndGeeks have some.

I think textfiles.com is supposed to be an archive of the history of the internet and the bbs

I think textfiles.com is supposed to be an archive of the history of the internet and the bbs

It's an ad-supported community for wayward teens, but we're losing money hand over fist for some reason.

Make sure to check out the text art first to get you in the "old skool" mood.