Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brookst

icq numbers

13 posts in this topic

Okay, I'm an ICQ idiot. Is there a way to track an icq number back to an individual?

Okay, where would I find info on registrations? Is there a way I can type in a number and get a name, fake or not?

yeah its been a while since i used icq. i think it in add buddies or something. or find buddies?

What is ICQ?

its an instant messiging client kinda like aim, yim, and msn messenger

ooh, now im even more interested, do tell any information on anything

there was just recently a password bypass on bugtrac for 2003b i think.

have to check email to make sure!

icq is a IM protocol based on http style headers sent to the protocol owners site if memory serves me correctly... its a propritary protcol, but a good packet sniffer lets you learn it.

For more info on the user end of it, goto http://www.icq.com

wow this si the first time i've felt kinda old! people actually dont know what icq is. icq was like the first big instant messenger. then aim, then aol bought icq and turned it to shit with all the ads and bloated features. then msn. those are the 3 big names. man i've been using icq for years back when i was in like 97 would have been when i started. the thing i like about icq is the ability to send someone an instant message even though they are offline.

wow this si the first time i've felt kinda old! people actually dont know what icq is. icq was like the first big instant messenger. then aim, then aol bought icq and turned it to shit with all the ads and bloated features. then msn. those are the 3 big names. man i've been using icq for years back when i was in like 97 would have been when i started. the thing i like about icq is the ability to send someone an instant message even though they are offline.

OMG... i feel you man. ICQ was mankind's greatest invention when i was comming up :).. IMAGINE IT!! you live in a world when ppl can talk to each other over the internet, thru different ISPs, without having to rely on AOL-MAO. It was breathtaking <_<

bland : i know man and now kids take it for granted, even ppl my age take their msn for granted.

the only reason i like ICQ is if you send someone a file or message you can get their ip through the wonderous little MS-DOS prompt for windows,

send thema a message, go to dos, type in netstat -n and you get a little bit of info about them... but i havet been on in a while because i found out it gets annoying afetr a while i mean the numbers twist my mine like nonoe other heh