Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Forsaken

free information 411

7 posts in this topic

Just received havent tested this yet will try when I get home. Anyone know the low down on this?

Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 or more for 411 information calls when they don't have to.

When you need to use the 411 / information option, simply dial 1-800-FREE 411 Or ~

1-800-373-3411 without incurring a charge at all except for the minutes required to make the call.

Just received havent tested this yet will try when I get home. Anyone know the low down on this?

Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 or  more for 411 information calls  when they don't have  to.

When you need to use the 411 / information  option, simply dial 1-800-FREE 411  Or ~

1-800-373-3411  without incurring a charge  at all except for the minutes required to make the call.

not to flame or anything, but 1800free-411 is old news man :-p

It was mentioned on Off The Hook this week, I said to myself "someone will drag this up".

Still, thanks Forsaken!

Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 or  more for 411 information calls  when they don't have  to.

They 'have to' because it is a high profit item, often along with underused text and data services many people buy. Cell companies are running out of "new customers", and so the competition between them is tightening, and they have to spend even more on advertising and promotions (remember, that free cellphone is not free! :))

the service sucks anyway........its always repeats back words I didnt say....even when I speak slow....works ok at home kinda...but the service blows while using my cell

the service sucks anyway........its always repeats back words I didnt say....even when I speak slow....works ok at home kinda...but the service blows while using my cell

Nice 2 year bump :D . After I used 1800free411 i got text spam from them for 2 weeks <_<

You got to love those new tactics; grabbing your ANI and selling that phone number to other companies. Just another way companies illegitimately obtain and sell your personal information for profit. This is exactly why using an operator is a common way for people to retain their privacy when making phone calls. Simply calling a number can lead to your personal information getting leaked, and then can lead to worse.