natas

FBI Cell Phone Records For Sale

17 posts in this topic

I just posted a story about this on dailyphreak.com. Here's an excerpt:

The Chicago Sun-Times ran a story yesterday, about phone records for sale through the internet. What I thought was interesting, was that the article mentions that the FBI purchased phone records, as a test, for an agents cell phone for $160, from Locatecell.com, and received the results in under three hours. The Chicago Police Department, the second largest police department in the nation, is now warning its officers that their cell phone records are available to anyone willing to pay the price

I remember this topic being brought up last year, but I'm not sure that a lot of people realized how it was being done. I posted more about how it's actually done and what you can do to prevent it from happening on dailyphreak, so check it out and let me know what you think.

This story was on Slashdot and digg today too.

Funny. Let me see how much money I have in my wallet. Is anyone willing to try this?

That's fucked up... I wonder where they get the records? Someone on the inside?

Edited by BlakeOPS

Haha...Go to dailyphreak and read the full post BlakeOPS!

Just good ol social engineering for ya. I'm willing to be a guinea pig in anyones experiment to see if they can get my cell phone records. PM me if interested.

haha we should try to get paris or nikki hiltons call records. or lindsay lohans. i bet these companys would have such a hard time pulling that shit off.

jenna jamesons maybe? ;)

Heh, yea everybody send in a couple bucks and then post the results, would definitly be interesting if they could pull it off... :) Definitly still quite expensive though...post-243-1136588888_thumb.jpg

I never bothered wondering why cellular companies don't bother giving a customer their calling records, but couldn't one just go to their local provider store and ask them for their call logs? Can employees at cellular stores like cingular and t-mobile even pull up call logs at the store? This is a interesting topic none the less, hopefully someone from the forum check this service out to see if it really works, because im broke as a joke.

Interestingly enough, Macleans did a front-page article on a service like this in Canada. They managed to get the cell, and pots line records for the privacy commissioner of canada. Needless to say when they showed her the records she pheared.

We should ask them to get records of people from this forum, and see how well they fare.

hmm, cant find lucky's number! =)

lol, but yea, i'd be more then happy to tip in some lunch money.

With Telu$ mobility you can signup at mytelusmobility.com and get your COMPLETE call records! Telu$ can even mail you the records for a $3 fee each month.

-Andrew

i hope people are really intrested in this, i'm running around the house grabbing all the cash i have.

It looks like Illinois is trying to get this banned pretty quickly! Full story at dailyphreak.com.

I sugguested this site to a friend and they might actually use it, I will definately post here with the results if and when that happens.