Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NL-Stitch

Windows: Project Jackhammer

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

As some of you may already know, I am developing a new "Service-Pack for Windows98". I am going to make it what should have bin! 32 bit icons, better FTP updater, Free software included like open-office.org , research on the populair usb-drives problems/ driver problems. And much more.

The official Sourceforge page is on:

Official Project Page on Sourceforge

THIS SERVICE PACK WILL BE OPEN-SOURCE

So .. I need some help developing, because i am developing it on my own at this moment. Do if you are bored, help me :lol:

I need some help with the folowing things:

- I NEED A REAL-LIFE VOICE!!

hmm.. this sounds verry strange i know.. But i need someone to say "Welcome to Windows Jackhammer' as a start-up sound. Heavy voices are the most appreciated. Because im dutch, and my English may have some "dutch" accent to english i would like to have a voice from The USA, Canada , England or any other country accept Holland. Most Dutch have a VERY crappy accent..So sorry holland.. your voices suck!

- LOGO

I need a logo, I already made a logo using Paint shop pro X and paint :roll: but is isn't satisfying enough. Maybe i could make this like a little photoshop contest, the best one wins. Crash the windows logo, edit it, burn it, each logo could "be the one"

-Expert in booting screens and wallpapers

Is there someone an expert in booting screens and wallpapers? Making bootingscreens for windows98 is verry crappy.. the image needs to be 320x400, it gets streched and pixelated. I anyone has a solution, a good bootup screen or maybe another method to vieuw a bootupscreen at startup using other softare.. please contact me.. i am verry interested.

-FTP website

I need a FTP webspace to upload and manage software updates for my service pack.

-Opinions Wanted

I need your opinion about windows!! , download a opinion form drom this website, fill it in and send it to me!

Jackhammer Opinion Form - Download page

- Suggestions

I need suggestions about wich software i ened to include.. what is your favorite program in windows? Wich patch do i have to include with it?

- General Developers

I know that allot of you may think i'm a bit stupid editing a windows OS on my own. I could use some help. I use Multi Media Builder MP3 from mediachance to make simple programs. It is easy to use and actionscript is also posible.If someone would like to help this developer in hollnad, every help is appriciated. I would feel honored to have someone developing by my side. :cry:

-Learning a chatbot technical terms * Low priority

There will be a built-in DOS chatbot wich will explain technical terms, to make the OS more user freindly. I already ahve a chatbot, now it has to be teached things.

So , Atention to all; all help is wanted!

NL-Stitch

just forgot something;

Send all ideas, suggestions etc. to *censored*

stitch

Edited by NL-Stitch

I'd love to help, but I don't use Windows 98. I'm pretty most people here don't either.

Nice idea though, and one that could be applied to any operating system. Maybe an unoffical service pack for XP with OpenOffice, a load of anti-spyware, and some more OSS.

If I had time, I would do something like that :)

If you go ahead, keep us updated!

If you're going to fix all the security holes that MS failed to fix while avoiding all the bloat-ware they've added in subsecquent OS releases, then that's a cool idea. Good luck.