natas

Daily Phreak New Layout?

21 posts in this topic

I just changed the theme on dailyphreak.com so the site has a completely new look. This may be temporary or it may be permanent. Let me know which site layout you like better. I personally like the old one the best as it made better use of the entire page.

:voteyes: or :voteno:

:voteyes:

I actually noticed the new design before I saw this. :)

Does the old RSS feed still work with the new theme?

seems to work on this end :)

Works great, either layout is good, slightly prefer the original

I wish I could just make it like Nerd Vittles where you can click a link on the right side and activate a different theme. Does anyone know how I could do that with Daily Phreak? Then I could let people choose which one they want!

the pages are probably dynamicaly generated with php, i.e. its like /theme1.php and it loads content from a file into that theme, and displays it as a page, but i dont know, ive never read nerd vittles, but it seems logical that it would be done like that...like forum skins. its basically a template that it loads information in from a theme-less file.

natas, ive only visited dailyphreak once up until i posted the above reply, but i just set it as my homepage in firefox. its nice, but i DID notice you have alot of nerdvittles stuff on your site. a little too much maybe? im not saying its bad or anything, its not, trust me, but maybe getting content from different sites instead of just that one would be good.

yeah, that was constructive criticism, i didnt mean anything by it. dont hate me now plz thx :(

Edit: or maybe i was imagining things. whatever heh :P

Edited by invision620

i like to point out that they have good articles :P ever since i read their bluetooth proximity stuff i've visited their site daily.

but point taken. i am working on some original asterisk content, dont worry :)

awesome, maybe you could do a list of free voip providers or something, because im looking for a free/cheap one right now as i will probably be getting my broadband back in a couple of weeks.

awesome, maybe you could do a list of free voip providers or something, because im looking for a free/cheap one right now as i will probably be getting my broadband back in a couple of weeks.

Spend $1.27 and get a VoipBuster account. Free calling to landline US. Of course there's VoIPUser but it's community based so if you rape it, everyone hurts from it... if you do use it, besure to donate when you can.

This one is more sleek, however the other layout had a more of an "underground" type of a feel.

heh, I dont know which one I like, I like them both :)

Oh remember ppl make sure you click on the brainwashing ad's that appeals to you the most, help some ppl out. Dont click to much though.

peca

i like the simplicity, maybe a banner or something? the header looks a little plain

just my oppinion

other than that

:voteyes:

OK I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I think that I may go back to the old layout tomorrow. So please speak up now or forever hold your peace.

OK I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I think that I may go back to the old layout tomorrow. So please speak up now or forever hold your peace.

As long as the ads don't obscure the word "Updates" I'm cool with it.

I just found another layout that I like a lot. Just did a few little tweaks and put it up for testing, so let me know what you think.

I just found another layout that I like a lot. Just did a few little tweaks and put it up for testing, so let me know what you think.

It is my Start Page ... I like it that much! :grr:

Thats a great layout! Its my home page now too! :)