Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hyp0th3sis

Service Isolation Unit?

10 posts in this topic

I'm curious? What is a Telecommunication Service Isolation Unit? I have a video of the outside of such a unit but cannot get it off then MiniDV Camcorder ATM.

Before you say just fucking google it. I already have, but, it was to no avail.

Can you at least describe what it looks like and where it's located? I'd be willing to make an educated guess if I knew more about it.

I'll upload the video when I'm at a computer with USB ports... Untill then you have this:

It's sitting by itself, no visible wires going towards it that I have noticed (I just ran down and there is a ditch near it with wires cables heading toward it)). Has a door that says "high voltage" then a smaller powerbox type of thing with "Telecommunication Service Isolation Unit" sticker on it.

How big is it? Where is it? Try and paint as comprehensive a picture as you can.

I'll upload the video when I'm at a computer with USB ports... Untill then you have this:

It's sitting by itself, no visible wires going towards it that I have noticed (I just ran down and there is a ditch near it with wires cables heading toward it)). Has a door that says "high voltage" then a smaller powerbox type of thing with "Telecommunication Service Isolation Unit" sticker on it.

Here you go sir, your "Telecommunication Service Isolation Unit"

http://www.kayrod.com/telecom.html

/yo joe look it almost says K-rad haha

Yeah, that's what I was going to guess it was, but without an idea of what it looked like, I wasn't willing to hazard a guess :)

Yeah, that's what I was going to guess it was, but without an idea of what it looked like, I wasn't willing to hazard a guess :)

Yeah, I just googled it, it was like the 4th line down.

Are the pictures at the bottom of your given page supposed to be it? If so it's not it.

Are the pictures at the bottom of your given page supposed to be it? If so it's not it.

There are different types of cases. the definition of what you ask for is at the top of that page.

A family of isolation equipment designed to provide electrical isolation on metallic telecommunications circuits while passing all normal communications signaling. The isolation prevents electrical hazard voltages from damaging the telecommunications network and customers equipment. Hazard voltages includes spikes and surges caused by induction, earth potential rise and lightning.

ha, it DOES almost say k-rad. thats pretty leet. ehm, "k-r4d 31337 d00d!!111"