Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
natas

Spoofing Charge Number - By Greyarea

17 posts in this topic

Merry Christmas everyone! We have a special release for everyone today! Greyarea has put together an audio text file that explains Spoofing Charge Number aka Originating Number. It's about 22 minutes long, with music, and you can find it at oldskoolphreak.com! It's really cool, so everyone should make sure they check it out...I think this is going to be a big topic in 2006!

Well now that spoofing Charge Number has been made public, I can foresee some changes in security over the PSTN/VoIP coming in the near future. I can't listen to audio files on this computer, so I must ask how much info you made public on this topic.

Nice audio text file, I just wish I understood it a little more, guess I need to do some reading and googling.

The whole in-network/out-of-network CN/CPN thing is very interesting.

This is going to be dangerous for the same reasons that greatcalling was shut down...

Good job though greyarea.

greyarea i love you. stop being so leet now plz :( actually,thanks its really cool. whats the music at the start?

Edited by invision620

You should really pull your mouth away from your tranceiver you are difficult to understand. Also would you please lower your volume. Why would you post this without giving a valid reason for it's uses?

/inside joke

Edited by lamerjoe

i know that you and i have talked about this, but thanks for sharing the audio file. very cool! :heart::heart::P

You should really pull your mouth away from your tranceiver you are difficult to understand. Also would you please lower your volume. Why would you post this without giving a valid reason for it's uses?

/inside joke

Your so funny joe.

The music was ministry.

Royal, I had every right to release it, you know that, shit noone beleived me when I said it could be done a long ass time ago. Besides its not like we use it for anything in the first place, also theres really no way for them to correct it unless they re-write ss7 which is a protocal for god sakes,,., heh and the only thing I see them changing it the method going thru att.

and homeboy reading about it,, I doubt your really going to find anything useful to read about it because very few in this world understand the difference between ani cn cpn cid, most people think ani is callerid.

And testset, i fucking pjear your avatwar, its teh shjit.

peace

/inside joke

Your so funny joe.

The music was ministry.

Royal, I had every right to release it, you know that, shit noone beleived me when I said it could be done a long ass time ago. Besides its not like we use it for anything in the first place, also theres really no way for them to correct it unless they re-write ss7 which is a protocal for god sakes,,., heh and the only thing I see them changing it the method going thru att.

and homeboy reading about it,, I doubt your really going to find anything useful to read about it because very few in this world understand the difference between ani cn cpn cid, most people think ani is callerid.

peace

are you saying that most people think ani is LIKE caller id or that most people think that it IS caller id?

/inside joke

Your so funny joe.

The music was ministry.

peace

Are you saying that most people think ani is LIKE caller id or that most people think that it IS caller id?

Most technical documentation only refers to ANI, or CN, and also most people (especialy in #asterisk) Think ANI is CPN.

What docs do you recommend reading to nail down these concepts?

Edited by bl0rch

What docs do you recommend reading to nail down these concepts?

fcc_final.html

Thats a bit old but does refer to the things I mention and has a good def towards the end/

Anything that av1d, lucky, or strom throws at you refering to Number delivery and anything else for that matter, and realize being a phone phreak WE tend to make the neworks do things they werent ment to do.

peace.

Edited by greyarea

D00d, I have dial-up. too big for me to dl right now. Is there a text file to go with it?

D00d, I have dial-up. too big for me to dl right now. Is there a text file to go with it?

Yea, but its not out yet. Check out the next issue of digzine.

peace.

Also there as been some conflict between friends of mine about me releasing this.

I just want to say this:

People have been spoofing charge number without even knowing it for a while now,. using it to swat people, spoof calls to goverment officials (talking shit) blaming people for shit. Which is not cool at all. One of the reasons I wanted to make it public is for those situations. The people that are getting blamed for bogus shit no have a way out and now network investigators can know that even though its not callerid spoofing that its charge number, they cant just automaticly blame that person for these fucked up calls. Plus I have been arguing with "certin" :P people for while about if this is true or not the whole ability to spoof charge number, and when I could prove it, I just had to release it after keeping it quiet for a while. Plus johnny hackler has been going on party lines (after finding out how to do this from someone that I told how to do this (bad move by me) told him and hes making people "fjear" stating that he found it out and that he can own this and that like a noob using this for evil. I wasnt going to let him go out like that when he wasnt the one that figured it out. I hate fucking partyliners and their bullshit. I didnt tell him, I merely told a friend that then in turn told him how to do this which I regret, so I had to release it, besides noone I know is a malcious type of person and uses this method for ev1l or anything. But its pretty crazy though huh that this can be done. I was fjearing when I could acually prove it. But dont think people that you can get away with spoofing charge number to make fraudulent calls and threatning calls to blame people, they will get you and your karma will own yourself. You forget about about other fields in ss7 that will get you owned. And dont ask me what they are because that I am not telling you and you will fjear if you fuck someone over with your nonsence using this method because you still can be tracked...

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: