Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darkwings616

PSP MUST DIE!!!!!

37 posts in this topic

does any 1 else think it sux for the 2.00+ fw of psp to disallow you to play homebrew games? yea i didnt think i was alone, well anyway i was perfectly happy with 2.0 downgrader but the only problem is that i lost all data for 2.0 to upgrade itself just incase i wanted to use the web browser. so i used my buddys upgrader to bring it back up to 2.0 but what he didnt tell me is that it was really 2.60, (wich theres no real reason to give that version a name since the only "new" features require seprate items for purchasing). anyway i would really like to know if anyone can find or help me find a 2.60 downgrader. i googled all i could but heh.... its not as easy as it sound. im also more than happy to help make a firmware virus for that specific purpose.

Perhaps if you posted with proper grammar, and coherent sentances people would agree with you.

Don't have a PSP but I heard that Sony was putting in 'features' to prevent users from downgrading in the next firmware. So maybe you'd have to resort to more drastic means.. like desoldering the rom and writing it with the 1.0 firmware.

Nintendo dosen't mind you making homebrews for the DS :P

rewriting the whole thing seems like a long proccess but ill try it.... on someone elses psp, i couldent afford the one i have(dont really wanna break it).

Perhaps if you posted with proper grammar, and coherent sentances people would agree with you.

Into the sig ya go :D .

rewriting the whole thing seems like a long proccess but ill try it.... on someone elses psp, i couldent afford the one i have(dont really wanna break it).

Right... I really would LOVE to see that!

There is no 2.60 downgrader at the moment. Since you are familiar with homebrew, I take it you already know these sites:

http://pspupdates.qj.net/

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/

http://www.psp-hacks.com/

If someone does make a downgrader it will be posted there... My guess is someone will create a generic eboot loader for 2.5 using the GTA:LCS hack instead of a downgrader.

what a bunch of crap... i hate waiting. ill let you guys know if i create one.

what a bunch of crap... i hate waiting. ill let you guys know if i create one.

phjear written communication. :D

yeah i was pretty upset myself when i heard sony was going to "try very hard" to restrict users from all the good stuff. someone should start a petition. I bet very many people would support.

Edited by PFI

yeah i was pretty upset myself when i heard sony was going to "try very hard" to restrict users from all the good stuff. someone should start a petition. I bet many very many people would support.

And I'm sure Sony wouldn't giva a shit.

yeah i was pretty upset myself when i heard sony was going to "try very hard" to restrict users from all the good stuff. someone should start a petition. I bet many very many people would support.

And I'm sure Sony wouldn't giva a shit.

corprate heads rarley do, a buncha Profiteering gluttons they are :cuss: . if it wasent for the name SONY, the psp would only be about $50 to purchase, maybe less... :growl:

:go: http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/psp/ another good resource... They have some very old version of mac OS or something runnign on a psp...

Don't buy it when it's restricted. Get an emulator and download the games if you have to. Why is everything getting so restricted nowadays? What are they afraid of?

what the hell sense does it make that a big company is afraid that im going to mod there product WICH I BOUGHT so technicaly in our capitolist system that makes it mine, wich means im free to break the damn thing if i want?

PISSES ME OFF!

i personally think that restricting homebrew apps on the psp is just shoting themselves in the foot.

the power of the PSP is great, and with people making all these Apps to allow more and more fetures is increasing the popularity and sales of the PSP.

bad move sony.

eh i don't have one but if they do "fix the problems", how would they get you to "update" if you already purchased one?

They can get you to update very easily, in the next release of a game or movie.

Also, if the game system does become 'hackable' then for some people it loses value and stops being fun if people are cheating in multiplayer games. I can see where Sony is coming from, but I don't like it.

note, in the title of your post, try not to use that stupid leet speak

just some advice

eh i don't have one but if they do "fix the problems", how would they get you to "update" if you already purchased one?

they tell you to go to their website AFTER assuring all the problems are fixed just to give you a new update... its all about false security