natas

Official Shmoocon 2006 Thread

58 posts in this topic

I had a kick ass time at the con. unfortunately we lost the hacker arcade competition to the guys who made their coin acceptor out of a coin sorter and a micro switch :yell:

And I didn’t drink as much as last shmoocon, which is a disappointment.

I will post some pics in this thread of the arcade machine I built, for those of you who didn’t go/see it.

p.s. our arcade machine was NOT the one that gave out 350 eTickets per play, and the PSP prize (1000 tickets) DID get stolen.

p.p.s late Saturday we lowered our score:ticket ratio a shit load. If any of you had any zero wing skills you could have racked up ~60 tickets in an hour eaz. 100,000 points was awarding the player 10 tickets. If anyone has played zero wing you know you can get that score in the first stage. YES our gamepad was fucked up :mumble:

Edited by b8zs

only pics I had of the hacker arcade that turned out:

cade1.JPG

cade2.JPG

I had a great time at ShmooCon 2006,Meet some cool people.I didn't see anyone from Bin Rev except for hbp71605 didn't get to talk with him though.The party at FUR was nice pleny of drinks.Hacker Arcade was ok,Played Mortal Kombat 4 donated some money to the red cross.I picked up a good book from the No Starch Press table - Silence on the wire by Michal Zalewski.While Bill the owner of No starch Press was interviewing someone for a job doing book reviews.WarDrivingWorld.com was there selling some Wi Fi gear,Picked up some cards and an antenna.The talks were very informative to many good talks going on at the same time.There was a guy there who drove from California 5 days to record the talks on dvd.I brought a couple for the talks i missed.The best talk to me was Fyodor doing advanced Network Recon with Nmap very entertaining.He also released a new version of Nmap,Until version 4.0 is released.http://www.insecure.org/presentations/Shmoo06/ .The ending of the con was nice with lots of expensive giveaways.I would definately return next year.

why would you NOT go to jason scotts talk? are you insane? i do beleive so, good sir!

Yeah, little heartbreakers. I had 12 people in attendance for my talk. Yes, 12.

i was going to throw an oldskoolphreak sticker on that box, but i wasnt sure if whoevers box it was, would get pissed off, so i didnt.

I had a great time at ShmooCon 2006,Meet some cool people.I didn't see anyone from Bin Rev except for hbp71605 didn't get to talk with him though.The party at FUR was nice pleny of drinks.Hacker Arcade was ok,Played Mortal Kombat 4 donated some money to the red cross.I picked up a good book from the No Starch Press table - Silence on the wire by Michal Zalewski.While Bill the owner of No starch Press was interviewing someone for a job doing book reviews.WarDrivingWorld.com was there selling some Wi Fi gear,Picked up some cards and an antenna.The talks were very informative to many good talks going on at the same time.There was a guy there who drove from California 5 days to record the talks on dvd.I brought a couple for the talks i missed.The best talk to me was Fyodor doing advanced Network Recon with Nmap very entertaining.He also released a new version of Nmap,Until version 4.0 is released.http://www.insecure.org/presentations/Shmoo06/ .The ending of the con was nice with lots of expensive giveaways.I would definately return next year.

hmm, you saw me there? uh were you the dude in the arcade that wouldnt give me a BR sticker?? maby that was b8zs. anyways...they person talking about book reviews would be merk.. and yeah i gots me a new wifi card. orinoco gold classic. pretty shweet. yeah shmoocon was awsome. did anyone go see the lockpicking and physical security fundementals? it was fucking awsome. i didnt get the picks they were giving out though >:[ im still stuck makeing my own. is anyone else into lock picking?

I was in the hacker arcade playing Moral Kombat 4,But i didn't see you there.It was in between talks changing rooms i saw you with Merk.It was to crowded to get too you,Then i didn't see you again.

topic unpinned