natas

Official Shmoocon 2006 Thread

58 posts in this topic

So whos going to be at Shmoocon 2006? I am :)

PS: Does anyone have an extra ticket? Maybe someone you know was planning on going but now they can't go? If so please hit me up ASAP!

I think this is the third thread of people announcing who's going.

I'm going.

Why didn't you get tickets before?

Is it becase you're a procrastinator?

/me shakes head and makes 'tut-tut' noises with tongue.

oh em gee its sold out, well ill find out if im going or not tomorrow morning, if i find my tickets under the christmas tree. which is likely. so i will prolly be there

Is it becase you're a procrastinator?

Maybe. But mostly because I never can remember the dates of all these cons to go to.

oh em gee its sold out, well ill find out if im going or not tomorrow morning, if i find my tickets under the christmas tree. which is likely. so i will prolly be there

got my tickets this morning. well, receipts that my dad printed out, the tickets will come in the mail

Do we want to meet somewhere like the Sushi thing at DEFCON?

Ill be there but I’m <21 so I will be engineering drinks from the hotel bar / room service. Last year I spent fucking ~80 dollars on a bottle of vodka because room service was my only means of obtaining alcohol. Also, if any of you need wristbands to get into the party on sat night (assuming they have one) I will give you mine, since I can't get in (no good fake id). YAY for riding the subways drunk!

I hope the Canadians have a hotel party again, it was great; until we got kicked out

OK so I haven't had ANY leads on getting an extra ticket for NotTheory yet, so if you have one of someone you know has one that they dont want or cant use please hit me up ASAP!

Shmoocon charges waaaaaaaay too much for tickets. Why the fuck are they charging 300 bucks for tickets?

Shmoocon charges waaaaaaaay too much for tickets. Why the fuck are they charging 300 bucks for tickets?

dunno, but it was 150 earlier.

it was $75 right after defcon, you fools

Yep, I'm a fool too. No ticket for me! Unfortunately I can't just plan stuff that far in advance.

BTW, your handle fucking rocks. It's good to see stuff like that on the forums. :voteyes: :voteyes:

ShmooCon coming up in two weeks, who wants to meet up? Where do you we want to meet (I'm thinking lunch or something)? How much $ does everyone have to bring? Who do we designate to be the one to contact if you want to go? Etc.

Was the full speaker schedule up by then?

And why is the pre-registration price so expensive anyways?

I mean, 75 bucks I can understand. I can understand 100 at the door. But $300 bucks?! That's insane!

im a noob and didnt get my pass, so im not going to this one.

heh, thats the buy it now price, the bidding starts at $300

heh, thats the buy it now price, the bidding starts at $300

Damn. Broke :(

Was the full speaker schedule up by then?

if you went to shmoocon 05 you would not need to see the speaker sched; you would immediately register after defcon

On a side note, I'm entering the hacker arcade challenge (my entry is a lame one. beh.) so if you guys wana meet up on Friday @ like 1100, I will be in the game room next to the ghetto Linux machine running zerowing.

As far as money goes, bring a lot; the wardman park hotel is expensive if your thinking about eating at the restaurant on site. There are a lot of eateries in the vicinity so if you don’t have the cash, save up for beer/hard-A.

If anyone can bring an ipw2200 based cardbus wifi adapter I would be grateful... I’m sick of dealing with madwifi-ng and wpa_supplicant atm

Hey all... my first post on these forums and I'll be at Shmoocon. Looking forward to meeting some of you here and f2f in DC.