Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest newb

Finding Cisco

10 posts in this topic

How do you find cisco or any router/switches at that. And how do you do a packet capture (or whatever). I am clueless.!!!!! :blink::wacko::blink::wacko: What ranges are they in, or what not.

theres no single place to find cicso routers or switches. you probably go though at least one posting to this board. I dont condone breaking into cisco devices, but to find them i think the easiest way is to traceroute a connection. the command on a windows box is:

tracert <ip address or site name>

this tells you all the hops the packet took to get to somewhere, such as yahoo.com, and some of those hops might be cisco switches. since i dont really go any farther with them, someone else can pick up where i left off. i do plan to pick up my CCNA soon, and im going to enjoy that.

I just noticed this thread, I too am going to try to get a ccna but am still on the protocol portion of this book i have. I'm not even at the part about programing them. if anyone would like to add to this i'm interested.

:ranaway: CCNA is one of the easyest certs i got along with CompTIA A+.

if u need any help feel free to ask

yeah it looks easy i just have some trouble remebering all the protocols.

its not hard to remember the protocols I had trouble with the OSI layers

Application

presentation

session

transport

network

data-link

physical

All People Seem To Need Data Proccessing.

This is one way to remember the osi layers for protocals I can't think of one just remember if all fail USE RIP

All People Seem To Need Data Proccessing. wow, thats pretty good. thanks. :D

From what I heard, getting a (any) cert is useless. It's useless because the cert expires and you have to re-take em again which is "why not take it when you need it".

If I'm wrong, correct me. If you know of a place that you can take the A+/whichever cert and no expiration date come with it, let us all know.

Its no big deal to me, i'll take the time to recert every 4 years.

Now that I look, a CCIE Cert can get your choice of six figure job offers. I'll wear a frigen dress to work if i get $500,000 a year. The way I see it, you add a few more certs and your a million dollar a year man. Plus, you can know evrything but people are really idiotic, a cert proves it and it makes them confident in your ability. So it doesn't hurt the way i see it.