Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boo!

nmap

5 posts in this topic

While using nmap i get the message from my firewall that the system being scanned is trying to send vpn messages is this normal and should i allow my firewall to be configured to accept these messages?

It is possible that as the scan runs it will send requests ( depending on the options used in nmap ) on the common vpn ports. The target may interpret this as a connection request and reply accordingly. This happens a lot on other ports like smtp, http and ftp although I haven't encountered with VPN.

wow nmap my father gave one of the versions to me... havent had too much time to fidle around with it but the point still stands heh

Thanks for the replies,what do you guys think is the best scanner out there i have used nmap and lannet scanner.

and spaz101 i kow you want to flame me go ahead i dear you!!(he says after reading the rules lol) B)

Personally I like nmap. It's got a lot of options and does an okay job, not to mention the price is right! Hell, they used it in matrix so it can't be all bad! :P