Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ntheory

Touch tone decoder revisited

4 posts in this topic

I just modified my touch tone decoder code to work in real-time with soundcard input in Linux. Hooked it up to my phone and (aside from my phone being broken) it worked perfectly.

Sooo, this weekend I think I'll be releasing tt-dec again with both post processing and real-time input support. w00t!

Now I can start snarfing VMB passwords and phone numbers on some of those voice bridges I've been lurking on... :)

BTW, stay tuned for a few more phreak tools in the next couple of days as well. :ninja:

Speaking of Linux and DTMF decoders. I found a DTMF decoder for Linux that interfaces with OSS I believe and your sound card. It's called Multimon: http://www.baycom.org/~tom/ham/linux/multimon.html Just make sure you disable ZVEI decoding with the proper switch, and everything. It was made for ham radio operators. I use it all the time on radio phone patches actually.

-Brisk Attivo

Can't wait for the tools, ntheory! Any code you'd like to put up on oldskoolphreak?

Brisk: I have to admit that multimon is nice (probably more optimized than my code although I haven't read through his) but it has this weird quirk of killing X when I close the graphical scope component. Do you know of a way to fix that?

dual: I'm sure I could find something to wrap up into a text file for oldskoolphreak. I'll get everything in order and send them off to you.