Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
digitalgalileo

And they told me pop rocks and coke is bad!

22 posts in this topic

And to explain what is happening, the special coating of mentos uses some type of sugar which when placed with soda, tends to make the bond that the pressure injected carbon dioxide that sticks to the water (soda) molecules very very weak and causes all the carbon dioxide to disattach from the molecules at once. Same thing happens when you shake the soda bottle and the bonds break as well. This just makes it instant. Still spooky and makes me never want to drink soda and mentos at the same time.

I did this a long time ago, im my junior high school science class.

My teacher didn't believe it would work, so he invited me to do it inside of his classroom. Hilarity ensued.

Ok, I tried it and I have some advice. Make sure you have a way of getting the hell outa' dodge or you're gona get messey.

Ok, I tried it and I have some advice. Make sure you have a way of getting the hell outa' dodge or you're gona get messey.

Thats easy. Take two index cards. Take the first and roll it into a cylinder that fits into the soda bottle mouth. Then make two slots in the middle of it on both sides without cutting the whole tube in half. Then take the other card and cut it so it slides into the tube slots all the way thru. Then make a small hole in the second card and tie some rope, thread, or fishing line to it. Place the tube with the card into the soda bottle, then place the mentos in the tube so that the 2nd card is holding them above the soda. Finally, move to a safe distance and pull the card outta the tube using the rope.

Am I the only one that thinks that the background music is *really* annoying?

"Developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers..."

I guess it's kind of an inside joke. Anybody else get the developers thing?

HAHA I thought that was hilarious.

That was steve ballmer ranting at a microsoft convention.

click that link and where it says search and linux is typed in change that to developers and watch the vid :)

Like matt said at some microsoft convention steve balmer started chanting "DEVELOPERS!, DEVELOPERS!, DEVELOPERS!, DEVELOPERS!" you know to wrile the troops as it were.

Ok, I'll post my video once I get around to uploading it.

I'm going to have to try this tomorrow.

In relation to the developers, developers, developers - I would constantly get kicked out of computer classes in middle school for playing that when i was supposed to be doing math blaster or something.

Does it have to be diet coke, or will any soft drink work?

From what i heard diet soda is less stickier(sp).

Less sugar stuff in it. Sugar makes the drink sticky (Like molasses)

wow, get a big contaner, fill it with diet coke, put a shit load of pop rocks in it, and let it loose in a public bathroom

w00t!