natas

Asterisk Realtime MySQL/Postgres

12 posts in this topic

Some of greatcalling's machines run realtime asterisk for testing. It works pretty good, but it's not as easy as just hammering out a few lines in extenstions.conf. We use MySQL

I use the MySQL stuff a bit. I use it to store Call-forwarding flags. Like, if call-forwarding is set on a phone, that sort of thing.

Telephreak only uses mysql for voicemail.

Beave, gid, I, and all the other Telephreak mod/admins have been thinking about playing with it.

I plan on doing more with mysql & asterisk for personal/business use soon, will report any problems/success/tips and tricks

holy shit this is stressful! the documentation sucks. i think i have everything from that guide working now, but i dont know how to set up my config files properly now.

wow. after screwing around with it all day today i finally got my extensions working with postgres.

wow. after screwing around with it all day today i finally got my extensions working with postgres.

Yeah!

I don't mess around with getting asterisk and mysql talking, I just wrote perl scripts to link the two and use AGI.

-Dr^ZigMan

mysql looks easier to setup compared to postgres since they built a driver for it. i dont really know what im doing with ODBC. also, the new terms that they use when talking about Asterisk Realtime, such as "family name" are kind of confusing and stupid.

now i want to start playing around with iax and sip user accounts in the database! right after i celebrate with a 40. :D

the documentation on this stuff sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cuss:

woot! i got iax users and cdr's in postgres now too!

Yeah, I'm with ZigMan for the most part. I love the Perl deally with the AGI, so I use that and Berkely DB's whenever I can.