Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xteraco

Human Body hacks - herbal brain enhancement

17 posts in this topic

i've been doing some research to see if theres some way to enhance the human brain... or to remove certain restrictions that might be in place (lack of vitimens)

another goal of my research was to find a way to enhance my brain w/out many side effects, or at least side effects that are neglagable.. that means things such as nausia and diarehia (sp?) are ruled out as a no go... and headachs are bad, especially if they occur regularly... also, i only list herbs that are safe to be taken w/ pharmacuetical drugs (theres no safe drug, theres only safe herbs btw). So in short, i'm only listing things that wont have any harmeful side-effects...

i've found some interesting information

____

cpu |______________________________________________________________

Allium Sativum(Garlic):

How it helps the brain - Researchers supplementing a group of mice with garlic found that the mice lived longer than controls, and demonstrated significant improvements in learning new tasks and in recall. One reason garlic may enhance memory is because it reduces, even reverses, atherosclerotic plaque build-up. Therefore, blood will continue to flow steadily to the brain as you cheerfully take your pills. Further, garlic is known to stabilize blood sugar levels by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas. Therefore, a garlic-eater is less likely to suffer from blood-sugar drops, which often is accompanied by mental fatigue and an inability to concentrate.

Reccomended Dosage - take capsules containing garlic oil according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.

Gotu Kola (Brahmi):

How it helps the brain - Gotu Kola leaves are used for improving memory, and in tea form works well. It combines synergistically with Gingko as a memory stimulant. Not only does Gotu kola improve memory, it is considered an “anti-stress” herb that has been shown to prevent adrenal hyperfunctioning.

reccomended dosage - I take 450mb 3 times daily (thats the manufactures reccomended dosage)

Ginko Biloba:

How it helps the brain - Ginko increases the flow of glucose and ATP (energy unit produced by our matabolism). Ginko also stabalizes cells membranes in the brain. Gingko stimulates the biosynthesis of natural vasodilating agents, destroys free radicals, blocks the formation of free radicals and inhibits lipid peroxidation (the break down of fatty tissues, which comprises 85% of the central nervous system). Gingko has been shown to improve the rate at which information travels from the peripheral nerves to the cells. This translates to quicker reaction time.

Reccomended Dosage - Find a Gingko product that claims to contain 24% active ingredient (flavone glycosides) and take 120 mg up to three times daily to begin. As memory improves, reduce to maintenance dose of 40 mg up to three times daily.

"450mb 3 times daily"

450 megabytes of Ginkgo Biloba seems a bit much :P

Kava Kava is good as well (relaxant)

Thats pretty kool. Did you research all of your facts or have a favorite web site that deals with this type of stuff?

i just did alot of research... going to the library, and bookstore.. and going to the wholefood (organic) store for leads and stuff

i'd aske the attendant, and see if they knew anythign, keep a little list of herbs they mention, then research em at the the library, or on the net... then i cheked out a few books at borders bookstore

I've been taking Gingko, Gotu Kola, Ginseng, and similar supplements for years. Combined with my vegetarian (with seafood and whey :-) diet, my body is operating in an efficient, hacker-like manner.

Kava Kava is good as well (relaxant)

But it actually slows your cognitive abilities. Similar to alcohol.

Of course, if you have health problems, talk with a medical doctor before taking supplements. I don't know of any long-term illnesses or adverse reactions caused by these herbs, but it's not impossible.

with those medical treatments, you should always make sure, that you have various different sources, doing research on the same subject, that confirm the same thing. Just because a website is trying to sell you some herbal supplement does not mean that it is neccessarily true.

Adderall is a good one for those midterm/final exams (not that i've had any personal experience.)

i have at lest 7 different sources for each herb i reccomend

Considering that the brain is mostly fat:

You may want to look into these "brain fats": EPA and especially DHA.

I personally take 150mg of DHA a day. It's like lubing up the grey matter; making the signals go farther and faster. You can get DHA and EPA from fish and other seafood. Though I take a micro algae supplement (skipping the middle man/fish).

And speaking of the fats, Omega 3, 6, and 9 are good too. Most people get enough 6, you would want to get as much 3 as 6 though, and most people are deficient in 3. Again, fish is a good source, but for the vegetarians/vegans, flax works out pretty good.

Hope this helps, it has for me :)

Adderall is a good one for those midterm/final exams (not that i've had any personal experience.)

then why would say such shit?

heard about the ginko stuff, im sure its better then my usale cafien and weed.

I will confirm that Ginkgo is indeed the shizzle. I take it once a day and I notice a noticable difference a half hour later. The trick to ginkgo is to not buy garbage. Pay at least $10 a bottle for a months supply that is taken only once a day. The best place to get this and other herbal stuff is your local mom&pop natural foods store. It might cost a couple bucks more but you knows it's the good stuff and you have someone to bounce questions off of who will give you good answers.

then why would say such shit?

It's kinda sorta a scheduled substance. As in it's illegal. As in you can go to pound me in the ass prison. As in that's a disclaimer.

But I wholeheartedly agree nonetheless. However, for those of you who are concerned about it, it is a neurotoxic substance (there's some evidence that chellated magnesium prevents this).

I'd also like to mention a supplement called L-5-hydroxytryptophan. It can help to regularize your sleep patterns after long nights of caffeine and haxoring.

I'd also like to mention a supplement called L-5-hydroxytryptophan. It can help to regularize your sleep patterns after long nights of caffeine and haxoring.

5-HTP is a seratonin rebuilder, they stopped selling it in the states because of 'purity concerns' but you can still get it from vendors. 5-HTP is good after a long night of 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenethylamine or something else.