Apoc

Amazon mTurk "turking"

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I dont know if you are familiar with this or not but it pays you .02-.03 cents for every address you pick correctly out of a lineup of 8 photos. Go to www.mturk.com and check it out. There are already scripts out there that "auto-accept", make all the pictures smaller and just click them to submit, tab-space combos, etc.

Now, the way I do this is I pick the "None of the others" photo everytime and some of the time its right but I can get through a TON of photos rather than ready the address and taking time to pick one. I was wondering if anyone could help me develop a bot that goes through the HITs and selects that photo everytime no matter what. Or, if someone could help me with a place to start. Thanks

mechanical turking is awsome. think i'll do this at school. Gonna be getting some cool stuff from amazon now if i can get a sctipt to do it.

1. Unless you plan on writing a complex image recognition program I doubt you're going to have much luck.

2. You're talking about stealing hundreds, if not thousands of dollars from Amazon.

Since when did this kind of crap become ok on Binrev? He's not talking about how it could theoretically be done, he wants to do it and is asking for help.

1. Unless you plan on writing a complex image recognition program I doubt you're going to have much luck.

2. You're talking about stealing hundreds, if not thousands of dollars from Amazon.

Since when did this kind of crap become ok on Binrev? He's not talking about how it could theoretically be done, he wants to do it and is asking for help.

The spread of information has always been okay, if not paramount on BinRev. If someone wrote a program not only would it be a great feat of programing, but I sure as heck would want to see the source code, and learn something new myself!

Writting it, and using it to steal money are totally different things, I'll admit that. A proof of concept bot would be really neat, and even better would be to also design a way to defeat your own bot. Shoot of an email to amazon with both of them (from willhack4food.biz of course) and see if you get any response.

That being said. As long as we're talking about the concept I say go for it. We we devolve into script kiddies trading this with each other in order to make money then it becomes stealing and it's wrong.

-Dr^ZigMan

kizzle has a point but I don't remember anyone complaining about the Folgers calling card script that was handed around on BR and about Sprint losing money on it so I don't see how this is any different.

Trust me I've heard the whole hacker ethics speech a million times. I know what this board used to be about but I see it has changed. There is a difference between wanting to know how to create something or how something works, and conspiring to steal money or gain un-authorized access.

The main raeson i brought up this topic is because someone has already made their own bot. They have reportedly done 130,000 HITs in a single day. That is why the HITs disappear so quickly as soon as they are released. Oh, and Amazon has not banned him and he has been doing this for several days now....

So, if any of you guys know how it is possible i would really like to know. What language, what code, etc.

The main raeson i brought up this topic is because someone has already made their own bot. They have reportedly done 130,000 HITs in a single day. That is why the HITs disappear so quickly as soon as they are released. Oh, and Amazon has not banned him and he has been doing this for several days now....

So, if any of you guys know how it is possible i would really like to know. What language, what code, etc.

Look - 130,000 HITs. Don't you think that someone is going to notice? That's quite a substantial payout, and one to be noticed from a relatively small division. The dangers of getting caught are high, and possible fraud charges are not worth it. This is a large company backing them; and you're messing with their property on their servers.

Defrauding companies isn't a good way to make a buck. Defrauding a major company to make a buck is just stupid. They give you 3cents a pop. It would take you 1000 HITs to make $30. Chicken feed, and already there it should be setting off alarms on their end.

And this is seperate from folger's cards, as we are actively going out of our way to defraud that company, instead of relying on a freebie.

Edited by Seal

The only HIT I see is "Music -- Confirm Artist Name" now...which would be ridiculously hard, if not impossible, for someone to script.

Look - 130,000 HITs. Don't you think that someone is going to notice? That's quite a substantial payout, and one to be noticed from a relatively small division. The dangers of getting caught are high, and possible fraud charges are not worth it. This is a large company backing them; and you're messing with their property on their servers.

Defrauding companies isn't a good way to make a buck. Defrauding a major company to make a buck is just stupid. They give you 3cents a pop. It would take you 1000 HITs to make $30. Chicken feed, and already there it should be setting off alarms on their end.

And this is seperate from folger's cards, as we are actively going out of our way to defraud that company, instead of relying on a freebie.

That isn't fraud, possibly a violation of their ToS (last time I checked it was explicit about the use of bots, but I could be wrong), but it is not fraud (IANAL).

That being said, it seems like no one uses MTurk, because all of the HITs are moderated, meaning if they don't look right, you don't get the money. As the average of approved hits goes down, so do your qualifications, and you can do fewer and fewer HITs.

That isn't fraud, possibly a violation of their ToS (last time I checked it was explicit about the use of bots, but I could be wrong), but it is not fraud (IANAL).

That being said, it seems like no one uses MTurk, because all of the HITs are moderated, meaning if they don't look right, you don't get the money. As the average of approved hits goes down, so do your qualifications, and you can do fewer and fewer HITs.

I made 50 using scripts, easy money and Mturk allows scripts not bots.